Building codes for Republic of Kazakhstan
- Added: option to define increasing factors Fvk (sect. 7.6.5, 7.6.6 SP RK 2.03-30-2017 and sect. 6.4.1, 6.4.2 NTP RK 08-01.2-2021) for all earthquake dynamic modules (except non-earthquake modules 21, 22, 23, 24, 28 and experimental modules 38,37,46).
Important: revision of forces with the factor Fvk does not affect the equilibrium at nodes during calculation of load on fragment.
- Dynamic module (61) SP RK EN 1998-1:2004/2012, NTP RK 08-01.1-2021 (Kazakhstan): coefficients of responsibility along the vertical/horizontal are added.
- Dynamic module (60) 'Earthquake analysis by SP RK 2.03-30-2017 (Kazakhstan) and SN KR 20-02:2018, (Kyrgyzstan)', coefficients of responsibility along the vertical/horizontal are equal to 1.0 by default.
- New option to create combinations of loads according to modifications mentioned in sect.220.127.116.11 NP to SP RK EN 1990:2002+A1:2005/2011.
Important: when this option is used, the program generates combinations of dead load cases by formula (6.10a) and combinations of loads for transitive design cases by formula (6.10b).
- Clarified warning messages in analysis of reinforcement according to SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011.
- Clarified stability analysis for the pipe by SP RK EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011.
- Modified: presentation of the output data along the length of structural element in the local mode of steel analysis by SP RK EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011.
- Corrected: calculation of forces in element of the model when components of harmonic load is considered for SP RK EN 1990:2002+A1:2005/2011.
- Corrected: option to save the data in the DCL table in case the type of combination is changed (with no modification to combination coefficients).
LIRA-SAPR Analysis Client/Server
- New 'Results' button to open the folder where the file with modified input data (obtained together with the output data) is located.
Intuitive graphic environment
- When bar analogues (BA) are generated with auto-recognition of the cross-section shape, the program will not generate BA in case the cross-section was not assigned to initial FE (appropriate check is added). If bar analogue is generated without recognition of section, it will be generated by configuration of initial elements even if stiffness is not assigned to such elements.
- In problems with solid elements, possible program crash (in generating contour plots with analysis results at the specified section of design model) is eliminated.
- Restored: option to analyse steel structures for models (where the file name exceeds 30 characters) imported from SAPFIR module and analysed in VISOR-SAPR module.
- For projects created with input tables, corrected option to save to *.lir file the steel stiffness values defined in the 'Stiffnesses' input table. Error occurred when the specified stiffness values were activated with Undo/Redo commands.
- Restored: option to generate tables in the Report Book with description of RC materials in case there is no continuous numbering of parameters in the list (that is, there are gaps or numbers of parameters are not in order).
- Enhanced generation of tables (
*.HTML) with output data for analysis of reinforcement.
- Fixed: possible program crash when the contour is generated with the 'Triangulation' dialog box in case there are coincident nodes in the contour.
- Fixed: possible program crash when the model is merged from the submodels.
- Options to unselect nodes/elements and to cancel the chain of dimensions are separated in the 'Geometric properties' tool. The first Esc will unselect nodes/elements while the second Esc will cancel the chain of dimensions.
- Added: option to analyse steel structures according to results of DCF for problems with the history of nonlinear load cases.
- Fixed: possible error to input incorrect value when you define ranges for a certain colour palette.
- For steel stiffness with variable section, added option to display information about assigned materials on mosaic plot of materials for steel structures.
- For steel cross-sections defined with standard types of stiffness (with no reference to steel tables), correct value of the unit weight is added.
- When the dead weight is generated for the steel elements, unit weight q defined on the 'Stiffness' tab in the 'Steel cross-section' dialog box is used rather than the value from steel table.
- When steel structures are analysed by histories of nonlinear load cases, in the 'Analysis parameters (Metal, RC)' (on the 'Load factors' tab) the user will see default names for load cases - 'History of nonlinear load cases 1', 'History of nonlinear load cases 2', etc. instead of the empty names of load cases.
- Enhanced presentation for the steel section of type 'I-section of three sheets' (with no reference to steel table) when stiffnesses are displayed in the mode 'Presentation with account of assigned sections' in VISOR-SAPR module and in Cross-section Design Toolkit module.
- Fixed: possible program crash when the 'Geometric properties' tool is used when the specified chains of dimensions are cancelled.
- For problems with super-elements, enhanced tool 'Information about element' when the data about initial and selected profile is presented in the mode of steel structures.
- Fixed: option to paste the array of numbers into DCL table through the Clipboard in case when combination coefficients have values <0.
- In problems of SOIL system, enhanced generation of the colour palette for mosaic plot of loads.
- When mean modulus of elasticity (Emean) for soil is computed by 'Method 2', settlements Sc (compression of pile shaft) and Sp (punching shear with pile toe of equivalent foundation base) are considered similar to calculation by 'Method 1'.
- In the SOIL system, during analysis by the model of equivalent foundation, default distance to the edge of equivalent foundation is modified from '2D' to '1.5D'.
- Fixed: possible program crash when you switch to the soil model window after the 'Remove soil model' command in the 'Soil model' dialog box.
- When calculating hd (effective depth up to which soil resistance along the side surface is not considered) in pile stiffnesses by DCL, the earthquake is considered in case the 'Earthquake' load case type is available in combinations (not by dynamic load case). This change makes it possible to cover cases where the earthquake load is defined as a static load case, e.g. nodal inertial forces.
- By default, the coordinate system window is hidden to save the workspace.
- Restored: option to launch the steel analysis in case parameter of steel material 'Steel table' is defined as 'In the same file as shapes'.
- Enhanced algorithm for numerical selection of the built-up steel I-section.
- For steel elements of type 'universal bar', defined parameters (ultimate deflection, slenderness ratio, effective length) may be displayed as mosaic plots.
- In analysis of steel structures for specific combinations, the program selects deflections where max utilization ratio of the steel section.
- In stability analysis of steel sections, possible too high values of utilization ratio of the section are fixed.
- Fixed: option to save the file with output data for analysis of the truss joint from pipes of rectangular section.
- Added: option to analyse steel structures by results of DCF for problems with history of nonlinear load cases.
- In parameters of RC materials for plates, analysis 'by Wood theory' is defined by default. For Eurocode and similar building codes, analysis of reinforcement is always carried out 'by Wood theory'.
- In analysis of reinforcement in plates by Karpenko method, arrangement of reinforcement is clarified in certain cases.
- When you define types of pilot reinforcement (PR) for plates, longitudinal reinforcement is clarified on schematic presentation in case of large areas of total reinforcement.
- When you define RC materials for DBN B.2.6-98:2009, list of classes for composite reinforcement is updated according to the specified parameters of such reinforcement.
Steel rolled shapes
- New option to add steel tables for pipes and plates from the 'Steel cross-section' dialog box in case the 'Hidden' option is defined for the file of steel table (that is, steel tables of previous versions).
- When the output data for analysis on fire resistance is visualized in 'Fire resistance of element' window, reference of temperature values to appropriate rebars is clarified.
- In analysis of steel structures with account of fire resistance, position of local axes Y1/Z1 are clarified as well as limit values for slenderness ratio.
- Added: option to identify when it is not possible to determine the depth of heating in concrete during analysis on fire resistance.
- Restored option: objects included into block of SAPFIR physical model may be transferred to design model.
- Corrected: property 'Design parameters – Applied steel' for the steel beams is not duplicated in the 'Filter by parameters' dialog box.
- Enhanced option for slab parameter 'Sum up with dead weight'; it will enable the user to sum up the dead load on the slab with the dead weight of the slab.
- Restored: option to cancel the manual cleanup of walls and columns for the slab.
- Corrected: user-defined node Pyton is not duplicated when it is saved to the toolbar.
- In the reinforcement model of the diaphragm, new option to place an additional step of rebars at the edge of the reinforcement zone if the zero distance is defined for rebars on the opposite side of reinforcement zone.
- Enhanced import of DXF drawings in case the drawing contains blocks (overlapping text is corrected, enhanced conversion of NURBS curves into Bezier curves).
- When the model generated by DXF underlay is updated, for beams the current section is retained.
- Import of IFC file:
corrected error in import of columns for which Boolean operations were performed;
added import of premises for the updatable node in the SAPFIR-GENERATOR system.
- Pulgin for Grasshopper is available in English and Ukrainian, restored compatibility with previous versions of the program.
- In problems with DCL according to SP RK EN 1990:2002+A1:2005/2011 (Republic of Kazakhstan), for forces by DCL, corrected difference in values presented on diagrams and in the information about element.
- In the 'Colour grade visualuzation' dialog box, on the 'Colours' tab, restored presentation of colours for the specified ranges.
- Tables of unified forces may be generated even if not all elements of the unification groups are selected.
- Added option: export of the output data from analysis of reinforcement for physically nonlinear bars and plates into SAPFIR-RC module.
- Accuracy in solving quadrangular and triangular FE of shell with the 6th DOF at the node is corrected depending on the FE shape.
- Restored analysis of problems with 'NL Engineering 1' according to SP 63.13330.2012/2018.
- Restored analysis of reinforcement according to SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011.
- For steel sections 'the 3rd class' (that behaves in elastic stage) clarified analysis on fire resistance in case of torsion moment.
- Corrected presentation of the height elevation for load when the load from the foundation pit is converted to the imported load.
- Clarified check for application of loads with attribute "σzy".
- For problems of SOIL system, with the option 'Calculate on enlarged grid', the added option to check points located outside the load.
- In the SOIL system, new option to show/hide symbolic presentation of piles and their numbers. To find out appropriate commands, on the VIEW menu, point to 'Show objects'.
- For calculation of subgrade moduli, the building code SP RK 5.01-102-2013 is supported.
- LIRA-SAPR 'Analysis Client/Server' is speeded up in case of large number of problems that are waiting in the queue for analysis.
- Corrected bug: inversion of walls that contain openings if the analytical model of the wall was aligned manually.
- Added option not to transfer dynamic load cases to VISOR-SAPR module, just clear appropriate check boxes in the 'Edit load cases' dialog box.
- Corrected bug in the 'Cut off with box' command.
- Enhanced option to copy (by storeys) the openings with enclosed contours (when one opening is located inside the other) in floor slabs.
- Corrected value of load in the meshed model for the wall with interpretation 'Load' if the opening with defined unit weight is defined for the wall.
Unified intuitive graphic environment for the user
- To check design model and prepare documentation, mosaic plots for properties of the following objects are realized:
- mosaic plot to evaluate the quality of FE mesh for 3-node and 4-node plates; the best quality is equal to 1 for the square and equilateral triangle;
- mosaic plot to evaluate the quality of geometry of plate FE - 'Max angle between edges';
- mosaic plot for nodes (it shows the number of elements adjacent to this node);
- mosaic plot for numbers of assigned pile groups.
- In filter for elements there is new parameter to find/select elements along the length of structural element
- New option to save lists of nodes and elements when the PolyFilter dialog box is closed. When the nodes and/or elements are selected on the model with 'selection window', the filters defined for the generated list of nodes and elements are considered.
- Ribbon user interface now contains command to define parameters for the FEA solver.
- SOIL system: additional triangulation of loads that simulate the soil excavation from the foundation pit.
- SOIL system: mosaic plot of stress from soil excavated from the foundation pit.
- Corrected error in generation of punching shear contours for the beam grillage and foundation slab.
- SOIL system: account of settlements for specific soils in calculation of subgrade moduli by 'Method 1' (calculation by Pasternak model).
- SOIL system: when the settlement and subgrade moduli C1, C2 are calculated, the soil along the pile length is considered as non-compressible for both cases: for the case K1=K2=0 and for the case K1≠0 or К2≠0 (K1 - proportion of load transmitted at the pile top, K2 - proportion of load transmitted along the pile length).
- In the 'Define moduli C1 and C2' dialog box, new option to define Pz without No. of subgroup for imported loads.
- When the model of piles is generated as the chain of bars with elastic springs along the length (from FE 57 method 2), every pile will be automatically included into structural block.
- New toolbar 'Flags of drawing' with commonly used settings of graphic presentation. Set of buttons and their location may be modified by the user.
- New flags of drawing: pile group No.; pile groups in colour; numbers for subgroups of loads Pz included into group of loads exported to the SOIL system; data about hidden nodes (visibility of these nodes are cancelled with flags of drawing).
- New tool to add to design model the special FE (such as FE of elastic spring, damper, etc.). This tool will integrate the FE of the required length into the specified location and at the same time assign the selected stiffness.
- In description of stiffness for FE 262 (simulates one-sided elastic spring between nodes with option to consider the gap), new option '+ FE length' is added. In compression, this option enables you to add the actual FE length to the specified gap (if the gap length is defined as equal to zero and this option is active, then the gap size will be automatically equal to the length of the FE).
- New input tables:
- 'Number of design sections' - to define and modify number of sections in which the forces/stresses for bars and plates will be computed (in case of plates - centre of plate plus nodes in which stresses will be computed);
- 'Assemblage stages' - to define and modify the data about assemblage/disassemblage stages.
- New options to manage synchronization for the model when you work with multiple windows:
- for fragmentation;
- for projections/views;
- for the settings of the flags of drawing.
- Table with output data for forces by steps in nonlinear analysis.
- In the mode of analysis result evaluation, new option to calculate DCF for selected elements or current fragment of the model.
- For the plate elements, new option to define thermal load in unified axes for the output data.
- For analysis results by load cases/DCL, new mode for presentation of forces and displacements max by absolute value.
- Bar analogues are available for problems with time history analysis.
- New check and warning for the case when analysis 'by forces' is defined in the settings for design options.
- New option to import the section from VISOR-SAPR module to 'Cross-section Design Toolkit' module according to the data of fire resistance for the element. The section is imported as divided into zones depending on distribution of temperatures at every part of the section. Every zone has its own stress-strain diagram for concrete and reinforcement with account of changes in physical and mechanical properties of concrete and reinforcement at high temperature fire.
- In the 'Mesh generation' dialog box, for the simple contour, new option to select intermediate nodes with the Shift key and to modify the scale of displacements (when you hold down the Ctrl key and rotate the mouse wheel).
- For the graphs of kinetic energy, displacement in time, speed and acceleration of node along the specified direction or forces in selected section of the element in time, it is possible to display the function value at places where the graph intersects the integration steps.
- The 'Diagram along section of plates' and 'Deflection diagram' dialog boxes contain commands that enable the user to locate the diagram vertically, on projection and display the local extreme values of the diagram.
The window with analysis protocol is reorganized:
- new tool for comfortable reading of analysis protocol during analysis procedure. Hold down the left mouse button in the protocol window to stop the automatical 'scrolling' of the window (until the key is released). Now you could, for example, 'scroll' the protocol window (when holding down the mouse button) and read the whole text available in the protocol window;
- to zoom in/zoom out the font in the protocol window (hold down the Сtrl key and rotate the mouse wheel);
- the text in the protocol window is now displayed many times faster than it was earlier. It is helpful in step-type analysis with a small number of unknowns, but a very large number of steps.
- Analysis on thermal loads defined along arbitrary direction in the plane of plate FE.
- Analysis on three-component accelerogram (dynamic modules 29, 64):
- modified calculation of inertial forces: distribution coefficients and modal masses are calculated for every component of the earthquake load;
- to significantly reduce the time when you solve dynamic problem, new option to specify the max percentage of modal masses in certain directions (Mx=90%, My=90% Mz=75%).
- the output data now contains 3 modal masses and 3 distribution coefficients for every component.
- For the dynamics module 62, the dangerous direction of load is determined automatically (when the 'Account of direction cosines' checkbox is not selected). The dangerous direction of load is determined for each mode shape based on the max distribution coefficient.
- Corrected behaviour of 2D and 3D physically nonlinear finite elements of soil, for which unloading path is defined by a separate branch (Ke is not equal to 1).
- Corrected behaviour of iterative physically nonlinear plates, for which unloading path is defined by a separate branch.
- For FE 262 (simulates one-way elastic spring between nodes with the option to consider the gap), in compression it is possible to consider the gap as equal to the length of the FE + the specified gap size.
- When collecting masses for dynamic analysis, new option to consider additional load cases specified in the 'Model nonlinear load cases' dialog box (when this option is not active, the masses from additional load cases are not automatically summed up with the masses of the main assemblage stages).
Reinforced Concrete Structures
- In analysis of reinforcement according to building codes of Kazakhstan, coefficients in sect.7.2 SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011 are considered.
- New algorithm for analysis of reinforcement in plate elements according to Wood theory by SP 63.13330.2018 and SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011.
- The 'Define and edit the types of pilot reinforcement (PR)' dialog box is optimized for the work with a large number of PR types.
- In the 'Define and edit the types of pilot reinforcement (PR)' dialog box, when PR types are defined for plate elements it is possible to define concrete cover from material properties. New option to arrange symmetric reinforcement for plates.
- 'AVANGARD' is a system for detailed evaluation for bearing capacity of reinforced concrete sections in oblique eccentric compression (tension). Generation of the surface (volume) for the bearing capacity of RC normal section with arbitrary arrangement of reinforcing bars by SNIP 2.03.01-84*, DSTU 360-98, TSN 102-00* and SP 63.13330.2018.
- In analysis of steel structures, the I-section may be checked/selected with no reference to existing steel tables.
- 'Arbitrary bar' may be analysed according to Eurocode EN 1993-1-1:2005/AC:2009 and building codes of Kazakhstan SP RK EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011, for cold-formed shapes according to SP 260.1325800.2016 and beams of variable section according to SP 16.13330.2017.
LIRA-SAPR Analysis Client/Server
- Fixed bug: server stop when analysis of *.lir file is defined from read-only network folder.
- Double-click the icon in the notification area (at the far right of the taskbar) to close the LIRA-SAPR Analysis Client/Server window if this window is open.
- New state for the problem - 'Waiting for ZIP file with input data '. Earlier, in this state, analysis of such problem may be started and the queue of the problems is blocked. It is possible to terminate analysis marked as started but for some reason is not actually running. It is also possible to delete from the queue the problem in state 'Creating Zip-archive with analysis results on the server computer'. It is not allowed to delete the problem during the time when it is analysed. Earlier, when the 'Remove' command was activated for the analysed problem, the problem queue was blocked. The 'record operations ' tool is deleted.
- Corrected function of the 'More...' button when the data is reorganized.
- Enhanced import of floor plans DXF:
- in SAPFIR module, when a polyline is imported to the 'Space' object, it is possible to define its interpretation as a load, its intensity and load case;
- restored option to import surface loads;
- fixed bug: rotation of column sections when the model is generated according to the DXF floor plan.
- Enhanced import of IFC:
- when the openings in walls are imported, the 'Apply to adjacent walls' property is automatically set for them;
- enhanced import of beams;
- account of rotation angle for the building in import of IFC file;
- enhanced generation of openings in walls for IFC files generated in Tekla Structures.
- The ratio of coefficients Gamma fm/Gamma fe is transferred to the DCL table in VISOR-SAPR module for the Wind load case according to DBN B.1.2-2006 3.1(2007).
- Enhanced option to generate colours for stiffness in SAPFIR objects.
- New option to consider the weight of window and door’s assembly for walls with the interpretation Load.
- New parameter 'Wind load' is added for walls and windows. For a specified parameter, elements with zero stiffness are generated over the whole area of the opening in the design model, in particular, to collect the wind load.
Enhanced calculation of reserve factor for reinforcement in plate elements during analysis on progressive collapse.
- Clarified analysis of reinforcement in plate elements by SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011 in case it is necessary to increase reinforcement to provide required crack resistance.
Blocked option to interact with the user interface when standard tables with the output data are generated. Enhanced visual presentation of the progress bar.
Enhanced conversion of measurement units when you define the data for equivalent pile foundation in the SOIL system.
New option to transfer loads to the physically nonlinear finite elements from SAPFIR-3D module.
Restored option to save the current names of elements in the Report Book when they are updated.
When models are transferred from SAPFIR module, loading histories by default will have the DCF group A1 and the 'Displacements and forces after every step' option will become active.
It is not necessary to connect with results of steel analysis every time when you open the problem if design options (except the last one) were deleted from the problem.
New option to transfer stiffness FE-310 from SAPFIR module to VISOR-SAPR module.
Analysis Client/Server LIRA-SAPR
When the problem is sent to analysis, it is possible to skip recalculation of subgrade moduli C1/C2 or pile stiffnesses by soil model.
New option to organize the list of problems in the queue by every column. New option to modify the window size.
For the problems with status 'Analysis failed', new option to display the protocol of FE analysis if such analysis was carried out.
- Enhanced option to transfer to VISOR-SAPR module the hinge supports of floor slabs with eccentricity.
- Restored work in the 'Editable analytics' mode, it is not necessary to close and open file.
- Enhanced option to save the *.spf file if nonlinearity is defined for the file.
- Enhanced option to transfer to VISOR-SAPR module the data by 14th piecewise linear function.
- Corrected option to select the current layer in the 'Layers' dialog box.
- Corrected numbers for the sheets of drawings during the export to DXF.
Fixed bug: program crash when you work with problems that contain a large number of structural elements (more than 10 000 StE).
Fixed bug: program crash when working with problems that contain a large number of types of pilot reinforcement (more than 10 000).
Restored option: correct calculation of nonlinear stiffness parameters for bars of circular/ring cross-section.
Enhanced calculation for design resistance of soil with account of the basement.
Restored account of additional pressure when calculating moduli of subgrade reaction of soil.
For the user-defined combinations defined by SP 20.13330.2011/2016 and DBN B.1.2-2:2006, the 'specific combination' option is corrected, even if the combination does not include any no appropriate load cases. It may affect the analysis of steel sections by the serviceability limit states (SLS).
Enhanced analysis of local buckling out of the plane of the rolled I-section according to SP 16.13330.2017.
Fixed bug: program failure when selecting steel sections that contain unified groups of elements.
Restored import of double angles section from Tekla Structures.
LIRA-SAPR Analysis Client/Server
Fixed bug: in analysis of problems where subgrade moduli C1/C2 or pile stiffness values should be recalculated, only static / dynamic analysis were carried out, and optionally, DCL calculation and analysis of RC and steel structures.
To open the application, double-click appropriate icon in the notification area of the taskbar.
The message 'LIRA-SAPR Analysis Client / Server 2021 continues to work' is displayed only when you close the window for the first time.
Fixed bug: if the problem was set for recalculation from another computer or from another user account, then its *.lir file was deleted. This applies only to the problems for which the analysis was not started. Now: if the analysis is not started, then only files from the exchange folder are deleted. In other cases, the message 'Your command has been sent to analysis server «computer_name.account_name» and will be processed as the server become available. If you do not need to delete files of problem initial data and results from the server, you may simply delete the files from the exchange folder manually'.
New parameter 'Wind load' is added to the properties of door and window openings; it enables you to take into account the area of the opening when collecting the positive/negative wind load in space. Plates with zero stiffness are generated inside the openings.
In the properties of objects there is an option to define the load case for the dead load.
Enhanced copy option for steel objects with assigned design parameters and cleanups.
Option to return to the user-defined colours of objects after using the 'Mosaic plot for certain parameters' or 'Colour of objects by stiffness, object types, materials', etc. commands.
Option to restore the colour of the load after using 'Mosaic plot for certain parameters' command.
Option to generate mosaic plot of properties for subobjects for the top edges in wall segments.
Corrected 'Line colour' parameter for beams.
Enhanced mirror copy for the text.
Fixed bug: the hinge node was changed (from the 1st to the 2nd) for the 'Angle' section when the meshed model is generated.
Enhanced transfer (to VISOR-SAPR module) of hinged support with eccentricity for the floor slabs.
When the 'Filter by parameters' dialog box is opened, the settings for the previous filter are cleared.
Enhanced generation of punching shear contours by SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011.