The following options and items are updated: building codes for Republic of Kazakhstan, SP RK 2.03-30-2017, SP RK EN 1998-1:2004/2012, NTP RK 08-01.1-2021, SN KR 20-02:2018, SP RK EN 1990:2002+A1:2005/2011, harmonic load, LIRA-SAPR Analysis Client/Server, types of combinations, bar analogues, input table, Report Book, output tables, triangulation, option to merge models, history of nonlinear load cases, variable section, unit weight, info about dimensions, model of equivalent foundation, pile stiffness, coordinate system, steel table, universal bar, truss joint, types of pilot reinforcement (PR), composite reinforcement, analysis on fire resistance, depth of concrete heating, physical model, design parameters, wall cleanup, Python, wall reinforcement
- Restored option: objects included into block of SAPFIR physical model may be transferred to design model.
- Corrected: property 'Design parameters – Applied steel' for the steel beams is not duplicated in the 'Filter by parameters' dialog box.
- Enhanced option for slab parameter 'Sum up with dead weight'; it will enable the user to sum up the dead load on the slab with the dead weight of the slab.
- Restored: option to cancel the manual cleanup of walls and columns for the slab.
- Corrected: user-defined node Pyton is not duplicated when it is saved to the toolbar.
- In the reinforcement model of the diaphragm, new option to place an additional step of rebars at the edge of the reinforcement zone if the zero distance is defined for rebars on the opposite side of reinforcement zone.
Building codes for Republic of Kazakhstan
- Added: option to define increasing factors Fvk (sect. 7.6.5, 7.6.6 SP RK 2.03-30-2017 and sect. 6.4.1, 6.4.2 NTP RK 08-01.2-2021) for all earthquake dynamic modules (except non-earthquake modules 21, 22, 23, 24, 28 and experimental modules 38,37,46).
Important: revision of forces with the factor Fvk does not affect the equilibrium at nodes during calculation of load on fragment.
- Dynamic module (61) SP RK EN 1998-1:2004/2012, NTP RK 08-01.1-2021 (Kazakhstan): coefficients of responsibility along the vertical/horizontal are added.
- Dynamic module (60) 'Earthquake analysis by SP RK 2.03-30-2017 (Kazakhstan) and SN KR 20-02:2018, (Kyrgyzstan)', coefficients of responsibility along the vertical/horizontal are equal to 1.0 by default.
- New option to create combinations of loads according to modifications mentioned in sect.22.214.171.124 NP to SP RK EN 1990:2002+A1:2005/2011.
Important: when this option is used, the program generates combinations of dead load cases by formula (6.10a) and combinations of loads for transitive design cases by formula (6.10b).
- Clarified warning messages in analysis of reinforcement according to SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011.
- Clarified stability analysis for the pipe by SP RK EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011.
- Modified: presentation of the output data along the length of structural element in the local mode of steel analysis by SP RK EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011.
- Corrected: calculation of forces in element of the model when components of harmonic load is considered for SP RK EN 1990:2002+A1:2005/2011.
- Corrected: option to save the data in the DCL table in case the type of combination is changed (with no modification to combination coefficients).
LIRA-SAPR Analysis Client/Server
- New 'Results' button to open the folder where the file with modified input data (obtained together with the output data) is located.
Intuitive graphic environment
- When bar analogues (BA) are generated with auto-recognition of the cross-section shape, the program will not generate BA in case the cross-section was not assigned to initial FE (appropriate check is added). If bar analogue is generated without recognition of section, it will be generated by configuration of initial elements even if stiffness is not assigned to such elements.
- In problems with solid elements, possible program crash (in generating contour plots with analysis results at the specified section of design model) is eliminated.
- Restored: option to analyse steel structures for models (where the file name exceeds 30 characters) imported from SAPFIR module and analysed in VISOR-SAPR module.
- For projects created with input tables, corrected option to save to *.lir file the steel stiffness values defined in the 'Stiffnesses' input table. Error occurred when the specified stiffness values were activated with Undo/Redo commands.
- Restored: option to generate tables in the Report Book with description of RC materials in case there is no continuous numbering of parameters in the list (that is, there are gaps or numbers of parameters are not in order).
- Enhanced generation of tables (
*.HTML) with output data for analysis of reinforcement.
- Fixed: possible program crash when the contour is generated with the 'Triangulation' dialog box in case there are coincident nodes in the contour.
- Fixed: possible program crash when the model is merged from the submodels.
- Options to unselect nodes/elements and to cancel the chain of dimensions are separated in the 'Geometric properties' tool. The first Esc will unselect nodes/elements while the second Esc will cancel the chain of dimensions.
- Added: option to analyse steel structures according to results of DCF for problems with the history of nonlinear load cases.
- Fixed: possible error to input incorrect value when you define ranges for a certain colour palette.
- For steel stiffness with variable section, added option to display information about assigned materials on mosaic plot of materials for steel structures.
- For steel cross-sections defined with standard types of stiffness (with no reference to steel tables), correct value of the unit weight is added.
- When the dead weight is generated for the steel elements, unit weight q defined on the 'Stiffness' tab in the 'Steel cross-section' dialog box is used rather than the value from steel table.
- When steel structures are analysed by histories of nonlinear load cases, in the 'Analysis parameters (Metal, RC)' (on the 'Load factors' tab) the user will see default names for load cases - 'History of nonlinear load cases 1', 'History of nonlinear load cases 2', etc. instead of the empty names of load cases.
- Enhanced presentation for the steel section of type 'I-section of three sheets' (with no reference to steel table) when stiffnesses are displayed in the mode 'Presentation with account of assigned sections' in VISOR-SAPR module and in Cross-section Design Toolkit module.
- Fixed: possible program crash when the 'Geometric properties' tool is used when the specified chains of dimensions are cancelled.
- For problems with super-elements, enhanced tool 'Information about element' when the data about initial and selected profile is presented in the mode of steel structures.
- Fixed: option to paste the array of numbers into DCL table through the Clipboard in case when combination coefficients have values <0.
- In problems of SOIL system, enhanced generation of the colour palette for mosaic plot of loads.
- When mean modulus of elasticity (Emean) for soil is computed by 'Method 2', settlements Sc (compression of pile shaft) and Sp (punching shear with pile toe of equivalent foundation base) are considered similar to calculation by 'Method 1'.
- In the SOIL system, during analysis by the model of equivalent foundation, default distance to the edge of equivalent foundation is modified from '2D' to '1.5D'.
- Fixed: possible program crash when you switch to the soil model window after the 'Remove soil model' command in the 'Soil model' dialog box.
- When calculating hd (effective depth up to which soil resistance along the side surface is not considered) in pile stiffnesses by DCL, the earthquake is considered in case the 'Earthquake' load case type is available in combinations (not by dynamic load case). This change makes it possible to cover cases where the earthquake load is defined as a static load case, e.g. nodal inertial forces.
- By default, the coordinate system window is hidden to save the workspace.
- Restored: option to launch the steel analysis in case parameter of steel material 'Steel table' is defined as 'In the same file as shapes'.
- Enhanced algorithm for numerical selection of the built-up steel I-section.
- For steel elements of type 'universal bar', defined parameters (ultimate deflection, slenderness ratio, effective length) may be displayed as mosaic plots.
- In analysis of steel structures for specific combinations, the program selects deflections where max utilization ratio of the steel section.
- In stability analysis of steel sections, possible too high values of utilization ratio of the section are fixed.
- Fixed: option to save the file with output data for analysis of the truss joint from pipes of rectangular section.
- Added: option to analyse steel structures by results of DCF for problems with history of nonlinear load cases.
- In parameters of RC materials for plates, analysis 'by Wood theory' is defined by default. For Eurocode and similar building codes, analysis of reinforcement is always carried out 'by Wood theory'.
- In analysis of reinforcement in plates by Karpenko method, arrangement of reinforcement is clarified in certain cases.
- When you define types of pilot reinforcement (PR) for plates, longitudinal reinforcement is clarified on schematic presentation in case of large areas of total reinforcement.
- When you define RC materials for DBN B.2.6-98:2009, list of classes for composite reinforcement is updated according to the specified parameters of such reinforcement.
Steel rolled shapes
- New option to add steel tables for pipes and plates from the 'Steel cross-section' dialog box in case the 'Hidden' option is defined for the file of steel table (that is, steel tables of previous versions).
- When the output data for analysis on fire resistance is visualized in 'Fire resistance of element' window, reference of temperature values to appropriate rebars is clarified.
- In analysis of steel structures with account of fire resistance, position of local axes Y1/Z1 are clarified as well as limit values for slenderness ratio.
- Added: option to identify when it is not possible to determine the depth of heating in concrete during analysis on fire resistance.
Soil model, position, piers, rigidity centre, FE 57, equivalent foundation, additional settlement from punching shear, METEOR, DCL, diagrams of materials, design strength of brickwork, types of pilot reinforcement (PR) for plates , assemblage stages, fire resistance for RC structures, rectangular pipe, check for buckling of steel members, Analysis server.
- Added option to define the capital and column base generated only in the 1st direction.
- Fixed bug in moving the middle point of the stair.
- Restored option to save the openings when partition is converted to the wall.
- New option to transfer design parameters for piles to VISOR-SAPR module.
- Fixed bug when the set of layers assigned for a 3D view is cancelled in case you switch between the 'Create' and 'Reinforcement' tabs.
- Restored option to edit the contour of inclined slab with the check points.
- Added option: in the same slab to use triangulation points created with the "AddLnSlab" node and cutting lines.
- Fixed bug: elevation for triangulation lines and points generated with the node 'AddLnSlab'.
- Restored option to create openings in the foundation slab (for import of floor plans).
- When importing 3D DXF file through SAPFIR-GENERATOR, when the drawing is presented to scale, new option to scale along the Z axis is added.
- In the 'Soil model' dialog box, on the 'Position' tab, restored option to obtain parameters when you click 'from SOIL' button.
- Fixed bug: when analysis results for piers are presented on the model graphically, the value labels displayed on mosaic plots are shifted.
- Corrected option to consider displacement of the rigidity centre in physically nonlinear plate FE in the case the unified axes do not coincide with the local axes of element.
- When calculating the stiffness of piles (FE 57) as an equivalent foundation according to 'method 1', the influence of additional settlement Sp was clarified (additional settlement from punching shear of piles at the base of equivalent foundation). In case the pile foundation is simulated as the load in the SOIL system, then when calculating C1 and C2 according to method 1, both settlements Sp and Sc (compression of the pile shaft) are taken into account.
- Optimized generation of punching shear contours for piles created in VISOR-SAPR module.
- Restored option ot generate the table with output data 'Load on brick pier' and 'Piers by load cases'.
- Fixed bug: in 'METEOR' system, generation of integrated problem in case problems are merged only based on the DCF results ('DCF +' mode). When the total DCF table for the integrated problem is generated, there is no autocorrect from 'progressive collapse' load case to the 'specific' load case.
- Fixed a bug: in DCL for SP PK EN 1990: 2002 + A1: 2005/2011 when combinations are generated according to formulas 6.10, 6.10a and 6.10b. Now the user could define the reduction factor. It is recommended to re-define the combinations of the main type I that were defined earlier).
- For the integrated problem in 'METEOR' system ('DCF+' mode), new option to carry out local analysis for steel elements.
- Fixed bug: for materials in which the unloading curve is close to zero in the nonlinear diagram.
- In the 'SOIL' system, when calculating the stiffness of the FE 57 according to the equivalent foundation model, the default radius of the equivalent foundation is changed from '2D' to '1.5D'.
- In analysis of reinforcement for the RC elements according to SP 63.13330.2012/2018, clarified algorithm for account of combinations when the group of forces E1 (progressive collapse) is available.
- When computing design strength of brickwork, clarified value for coefficient from sect.6.14 (g) for SP 15.13330.2020.
- For the 'Stiffened cement heavy' mortar, the requirements for reducing the design strength stipulated in 'note 2' to table 6.1 SP 15.13330.2020 are taken into account.
- For types of pilot reinforcement (PR) for plates plates, if zero reinforcement is specified for some layers, then min percentage of reinforcement specified in the design parameters is assigned for such layers (for the check by Karpenko's theory).
- For the 'Assemblage stages' input table, the sequence of assemblage stages after Undo/Redo options is fixed; the updated 'Assemblage stages' table is synchronized with the open 'Edit load cases' and 'Model nonlinear load cases' dialog boxes.
- In analysis of fire resistance for RC structures, the reduction factor (used to determine the tensile strain of concrete) is clarified.
- Corrected discrepancy between the area of reinforcement for RC and composite bars of circular cross-section in VISOR-SAPR and in the local mode of reinforcement LARM-SAPR.
- For SP 63.13330.2012/2018, corrected discrepancy in the output data for bars of rectangular cross-section with account of fire resistance (the output data obtained in VISOR-SAPR module and in the local mode of reinforcement LARM-SAPR).
- For SP 63.13330.2012/2018, corrected discrepancy in the output data for bars of circular cross-section by ultimate limit states (ULS) and by serviceability limit states (SLS) with and without account of fire resistance.
- For SP 63.13330.2012/2018, corrected discrepancy in the output data for tensile elements in analysis of transverse reinforcement.
- For SP 63.13330.2012/2018, corrected discrepancy in the output data for plates by ultimate limit states (ULS) and by serviceability limit states (SLS) with and without account of fire resistance.
- In analysis of reinforcement by SP RK EN 1990:2002+A1:2005/2011, new option to consider (in materials) the additional group of coefficients defined for different types of DCL.
- For RC materials defined according to SP RK EN 1990:2002+A1:2005/2011, exteme values of coefficients k1, k2, k3, k4 are stipulated.
- Fixed bug: in selection of the section for rectangular steel pipes, the program fails to select the shape for rectangular pipe though there are suitable shapes in the steel table.
- In analysis of steel structures according to SP 16.13330.2017 for specific combinations, deflections of the max utilization ratio of the steel member are selected.
- In stability analysis of steel sections, the possible overestimation in utilization ratio of the section is fixed.
- Fixed bug: when analyses of the previously calculated problems are started once again, the LIRA-SAPR Analysis Client / Server may be blocked (deadlock).
- Enhanced robustness of the the LIRA-SAPR Analysis Client / Server in case the queue contains a lot of problems with the status 'Preparing for analysis' and 'Waiting for ZIP file with input data'.
- Fixed bug: when you open the problem (for example, transferred from another computer, including in a ZIP file), the STC design materials assigned for cross-sections in the user-defined steel tables are lost.
Update 1 for LIRA-SAPR 2021 R2 is released. The following items are updated: NonLinear Engineering Design (NL Engineering), Analysis Client/Server, unification of forces, 1-node FE, the 6th DOF, import *.sli, import *.dxf, import *.ifc, pulgin for Grasshopper, invertion of walls
- Corrected bug: inversion of walls that contain openings if the analytical model of the wall was aligned manually.
- Added option not to transfer dynamic load cases to VISOR-SAPR module, just clear appropriate check boxes in the 'Edit load cases' dialog box.
- Corrected bug in the 'Cut off with box' command.
- Enhanced option to copy (by storeys) the openings with enclosed contours (when one opening is located inside the other) in floor slabs.
- Corrected value of load in the meshed model for the wall with interpretation 'Load' if the opening with defined unit weight is defined for the wall.
- Enhanced import of DXF drawings in case the drawing contains blocks (overlapping text is corrected, enhanced conversion of NURBS curves into Bezier curves).
- When the model generated by DXF underlay is updated, for beams the current section is retained.
- Import of IFC file:
corrected error in import of columns for which Boolean operations were performed;
added import of premises for the updatable node in the SAPFIR-GENERATOR system.
- Pulgin for Grasshopper is available in English and Ukrainian, restored compatibility with previous versions of the program.
- In problems with DCL according to SP RK EN 1990:2002+A1:2005/2011 (Republic of Kazakhstan), for forces by DCL, corrected difference in values presented on diagrams and in the information about element.
- In the 'Colour grade visualuzation' dialog box, on the 'Colours' tab, restored presentation of colours for the specified ranges.
- Tables of unified forces may be generated even if not all elements of the unification groups are selected.
- Added option: export of the output data from analysis of reinforcement for physically nonlinear bars and plates into SAPFIR-RC module.
- Accuracy in solving quadrangular and triangular FE of shell with the 6th DOF at the node is corrected depending on the FE shape.
- Restored analysis of problems with 'NL Engineering 1' according to SP 63.13330.2012/2018.
- Restored analysis of reinforcement according to SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011.
- For steel sections 'the 3rd class' (that behaves in elastic stage) clarified analysis on fire resistance in case of torsion moment.
- Corrected presentation of the height elevation for load when the load from the foundation pit is converted to the imported load.
- Clarified check for application of loads with attribute "σzy".
- For problems of SOIL system, with the option 'Calculate on enlarged grid', the added option to check points located outside the load.
- In the SOIL system, new option to show/hide symbolic presentation of piles and their numbers. To find out appropriate commands, on the VIEW menu, point to 'Show objects'.
- For calculation of subgrade moduli, the building code SP RK 5.01-102-2013 is supported.
- LIRA-SAPR 'Analysis Client/Server' is speeded up in case of large number of problems that are waiting in the queue for analysis.
Updated options and features: DXF import, 'Space', IFC import, walls, rotation of structure, check for design model, mesh quality, filter for elements, settings for FEA solver, 'SOIL' system, stress in soil, analysis of settlement, piles, flags of drawing, special FE, input tables, design sections, assemblage stages, model synchronization, forces by steps, DCF calculation, thermal load, dynamics module, distribution coefficient, dangerous direction of load, Cross-section Design Toolkit, fire resistance, types of pilot reinforcement (PR), analysis of reinforcement, 'AVANGARD' system, I-section, arbitrary bar, variable section, Analysis Client/Server, archive/backup, ZIP-file, DCL table.
- Enhanced import of floor plans DXF:
- in SAPFIR module, when a polyline is imported to the 'Space' object, it is possible to define its interpretation as a load, its intensity and load case;
- restored option to import surface loads;
- fixed bug: rotation of column sections when the model is generated according to the DXF floor plan.
- Enhanced import of IFC:
- when the openings in walls are imported, the 'Apply to adjacent walls' property is automatically set for them;
- enhanced import of beams;
- account of rotation angle for the building in import of IFC file;
- enhanced generation of openings in walls for IFC files generated in Tekla Structures.
- The ratio of coefficients Gamma fm/Gamma fe is transferred to the DCL table in VISOR-SAPR module for the Wind load case according to DBN B.1.2-2006 3.1(2007).
- Enhanced option to generate colours for stiffness in SAPFIR objects.
- New option to consider the weight of window and door’s assembly for walls with the interpretation Load.
- New parameter 'Wind load' is added for walls and windows. For a specified parameter, elements with zero stiffness are generated over the whole area of the opening in the design model, in particular, to collect the wind load.
Unified intuitive graphic environment for the user
- To check design model and prepare documentation, mosaic plots for properties of the following objects are realized:
- mosaic plot to evaluate the quality of FE mesh for 3-node and 4-node plates; the best quality is equal to 1 for the square and equilateral triangle;
- mosaic plot to evaluate the quality of geometry of plate FE - 'Max angle between edges';
- mosaic plot for nodes (it shows the number of elements adjacent to this node);
- mosaic plot for numbers of assigned pile groups.
- In filter for elements there is new parameter to find/select elements along the length of structural element
- New option to save lists of nodes and elements when the PolyFilter dialog box is closed. When the nodes and/or elements are selected on the model with 'selection window', the filters defined for the generated list of nodes and elements are considered.
- Ribbon user interface now contains command to define parameters for the FEA solver.
- SOIL system: additional triangulation of loads that simulate the soil excavation from the foundation pit.
- SOIL system: mosaic plot of stress from soil excavated from the foundation pit.
- Corrected error in generation of punching shear contours for the beam grillage and foundation slab.
- SOIL system: account of settlements for specific soils in calculation of subgrade moduli by 'Method 1' (calculation by Pasternak model).
- SOIL system: when the settlement and subgrade moduli C1, C2 are calculated, the soil along the pile length is considered as non-compressible for both cases: for the case K1=K2=0 and for the case K1≠0 or Ê2≠0 (K1 - proportion of load transmitted at the pile top, K2 - proportion of load transmitted along the pile length).
- In the 'Define moduli C1 and C2' dialog box, new option to define Pz without No. of subgroup for imported loads.
- When the model of piles is generated as the chain of bars with elastic springs along the length (from FE 57 method 2), every pile will be automatically included into structural block.
- New toolbar 'Flags of drawing' with commonly used settings of graphic presentation. Set of buttons and their location may be modified by the user.
- New flags of drawing: pile group No.; pile groups in colour; numbers for subgroups of loads Pz included into group of loads exported to the SOIL system; data about hidden nodes (visibility of these nodes are cancelled with flags of drawing).
- New tool to add to design model the special FE (such as FE of elastic spring, damper, etc.). This tool will integrate the FE of the required length into the specified location and at the same time assign the selected stiffness.
- In description of stiffness for FE 262 (simulates one-sided elastic spring between nodes with option to consider the gap), new option '+ FE length' is added. In compression, this option enables you to add the actual FE length to the specified gap (if the gap length is defined as equal to zero and this option is active, then the gap size will be automatically equal to the length of the FE).
- New input tables:
- 'Number of design sections' - to define and modify number of sections in which the forces/stresses for bars and plates will be computed (in case of plates - centre of plate plus nodes in which stresses will be computed);
- 'Assemblage stages' - to define and modify the data about assemblage/disassemblage stages.
- New options to manage synchronization for the model when you work with multiple windows:
- for fragmentation;
- for projections/views;
- for the settings of the flags of drawing.
- Table with output data for forces by steps in nonlinear analysis.
- In the mode of analysis result evaluation, new option to calculate DCF for selected elements or current fragment of the model.
- For the plate elements, new option to define thermal load in unified axes for the output data.
- For analysis results by load cases/DCL, new mode for presentation of forces and displacements max by absolute value.
- Bar analogues are available for problems with time history analysis.
- New check and warning for the case when analysis 'by forces' is defined in the settings for design options.
- New option to import the section from VISOR-SAPR module to 'Cross-section Design Toolkit' module according to the data of fire resistance for the element. The section is imported as divided into zones depending on distribution of temperatures at every part of the section. Every zone has its own stress-strain diagram for concrete and reinforcement with account of changes in physical and mechanical properties of concrete and reinforcement at high temperature fire.
- In the 'Mesh generation' dialog box, for the simple contour, new option to select intermediate nodes with the Shift key and to modify the scale of displacements (when you hold down the Ctrl key and rotate the mouse wheel).
- For the graphs of kinetic energy, displacement in time, speed and acceleration of node along the specified direction or forces in selected section of the element in time, it is possible to display the function value at places where the graph intersects the integration steps.
- The 'Diagram along section of plates' and 'Deflection diagram' dialog boxes contain commands that enable the user to locate the diagram vertically, on projection and display the local extreme values of the diagram.
The window with analysis protocol is reorganized:
- new tool for comfortable reading of analysis protocol during analysis procedure. Hold down the left mouse button in the protocol window to stop the automatical 'scrolling' of the window (until the key is released). Now you could, for example, 'scroll' the protocol window (when holding down the mouse button) and read the whole text available in the protocol window;
- to zoom in/zoom out the font in the protocol window (hold down the Ñtrl key and rotate the mouse wheel);
- the text in the protocol window is now displayed many times faster than it was earlier. It is helpful in step-type analysis with a small number of unknowns, but a very large number of steps.
- Analysis on thermal loads defined along arbitrary direction in the plane of plate FE.
- Analysis on three-component accelerogram (dynamic modules 29, 64):
- modified calculation of inertial forces: distribution coefficients and modal masses are calculated for every component of the earthquake load;
- to significantly reduce the time when you solve dynamic problem, new option to specify the max percentage of modal masses in certain directions (Mx=90%, My=90% Mz=75%).
- the output data now contains 3 modal masses and 3 distribution coefficients for every component.
- For the dynamics module 62, the dangerous direction of load is determined automatically (when the 'Account of direction cosines' checkbox is not selected). The dangerous direction of load is determined for each mode shape based on the max distribution coefficient.
- Corrected behaviour of 2D and 3D physically nonlinear finite elements of soil, for which unloading path is defined by a separate branch (Ke is not equal to 1).
- Corrected behaviour of iterative physically nonlinear plates, for which unloading path is defined by a separate branch.
- For FE 262 (simulates one-way elastic spring between nodes with the option to consider the gap), in compression it is possible to consider the gap as equal to the length of the FE + the specified gap size.
- When collecting masses for dynamic analysis, new option to consider additional load cases specified in the 'Model nonlinear load cases' dialog box (when this option is not active, the masses from additional load cases are not automatically summed up with the masses of the main assemblage stages).
Reinforced Concrete Structures
- In analysis of reinforcement according to building codes of Kazakhstan, coefficients in sect.7.2 SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011 are considered.
- New algorithm for analysis of reinforcement in plate elements according to Wood theory by SP 63.13330.2018 and SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011.
- The 'Define and edit the types of pilot reinforcement (PR)' dialog box is optimized for the work with a large number of PR types.
- In the 'Define and edit the types of pilot reinforcement (PR)' dialog box, when PR types are defined for plate elements it is possible to define concrete cover from material properties. New option to arrange symmetric reinforcement for plates.
- 'AVANGARD' is a system for detailed evaluation for bearing capacity of reinforced concrete sections in oblique eccentric compression (tension). Generation of the surface (volume) for the bearing capacity of RC normal section with arbitrary arrangement of reinforcing bars by SNIP 2.03.01-84*, DSTU 360-98, TSN 102-00* and SP 63.13330.2018.
- In analysis of steel structures, the I-section may be checked/selected with no reference to existing steel tables.
- 'Arbitrary bar' may be analysed according to Eurocode EN 1993-1-1:2005/AC:2009 and building codes of Kazakhstan SP RK EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011, for cold-formed shapes according to SP 260.1325800.2016 and beams of variable section according to SP 16.13330.2017.
LIRA-SAPR Analysis Client/Server
- Fixed bug: server stop when analysis of *.lir file is defined from read-only network folder.
- Double-click the icon in the notification area (at the far right of the taskbar) to close the LIRA-SAPR Analysis Client/Server window if this window is open.
- New state for the problem - 'Waiting for ZIP file with input data '. Earlier, in this state, analysis of such problem may be started and the queue of the problems is blocked. It is possible to terminate analysis marked as started but for some reason is not actually running. It is also possible to delete from the queue the problem in state 'Creating Zip-archive with analysis results on the server computer'. It is not allowed to delete the problem during the time when it is analysed. Earlier, when the 'Remove' command was activated for the analysed problem, the problem queue was blocked. The 'record operations ' tool is deleted.
- Corrected function of the 'More...' button when the data is reorganized.
Standard tables, measurement units, physical nonlinearity, Report Book, recalculation of subgrade moduli, Analysis Client/Server, list of problems, hinge support with eccentricity, editable analytics, option to save file with nonlinearity, 14 piecewise linear function
- Enhanced option to transfer to VISOR-SAPR module the hinge supports of floor slabs with eccentricity.
- Restored work in the 'Editable analytics' mode, it is not necessary to close and open file.
- Enhanced option to save the *.spf file if nonlinearity is defined for the file.
- Enhanced option to transfer to VISOR-SAPR module the data by 14th piecewise linear function.
- Corrected option to select the current layer in the 'Layers' dialog box.
- Corrected numbers for the sheets of drawings during the export to DXF.
Enhanced calculation of reserve factor for reinforcement in plate elements during analysis on progressive collapse.
- Clarified analysis of reinforcement in plate elements by SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011 in case it is necessary to increase reinforcement to provide required crack resistance.
Blocked option to interact with the user interface when standard tables with the output data are generated. Enhanced visual presentation of the progress bar.
Enhanced conversion of measurement units when you define the data for equivalent pile foundation in the SOIL system.
New option to transfer loads to the physically nonlinear finite elements from SAPFIR-3D module.
Restored option to save the current names of elements in the Report Book when they are updated.
When models are transferred from SAPFIR module, loading histories by default will have the DCF group A1 and the 'Displacements and forces after every step' option will become active.
It is not necessary to connect with results of steel analysis every time when you open the problem if design options (except the last one) were deleted from the problem.
New option to transfer stiffness FE-310 from SAPFIR module to VISOR-SAPR module.
Analysis Client/Server LIRA-SAPR
When the problem is sent to analysis, it is possible to skip recalculation of subgrade moduli C1/C2 or pile stiffnesses by soil model.
New option to organize the list of problems in the queue by every column. New option to modify the window size.
For the problems with status 'Analysis failed', new option to display the protocol of FE analysis if such analysis was carried out.
Update 2 is available for LIRA-SAPR 2021 R1. The following options and items are updated: structural elements, types of pilot reinforcement, design strength of soil, additional pressure, SP 20.13330.2011/2016, DBN B.1.2-2:2006, local buckling out of plane, unified groups, Analysis Client/Server, wind load, dead weight of structures, hinges, SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011
New parameter 'Wind load' is added to the properties of door and window openings; it enables you to take into account the area of the opening when collecting the positive/negative wind load in space. Plates with zero stiffness are generated inside the openings.
In the properties of objects there is an option to define the load case for the dead load.
Enhanced copy option for steel objects with assigned design parameters and cleanups.
Option to return to the user-defined colours of objects after using the 'Mosaic plot for certain parameters' or 'Colour of objects by stiffness, object types, materials', etc. commands.
Option to restore the colour of the load after using 'Mosaic plot for certain parameters' command.
Option to generate mosaic plot of properties for subobjects for the top edges in wall segments.
Corrected 'Line colour' parameter for beams.
Enhanced mirror copy for the text.
Fixed bug: the hinge node was changed (from the 1st to the 2nd) for the 'Angle' section when the meshed model is generated.
Enhanced transfer (to VISOR-SAPR module) of hinged support with eccentricity for the floor slabs.
When the 'Filter by parameters' dialog box is opened, the settings for the previous filter are cleared.
Enhanced generation of punching shear contours by SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011.
Fixed bug: program crash when you work with problems that contain a large number of structural elements (more than 10 000 StE).
Fixed bug: program crash when working with problems that contain a large number of types of pilot reinforcement (more than 10 000).
Restored option: correct calculation of nonlinear stiffness parameters for bars of circular/ring cross-section.
Enhanced calculation for design resistance of soil with account of the basement.
Restored account of additional pressure when calculating moduli of subgrade reaction of soil.
For the user-defined combinations defined by SP 20.13330.2011/2016 and DBN B.1.2-2:2006, the 'specific combination' option is corrected, even if the combination does not include any no appropriate load cases. It may affect the analysis of steel sections by the serviceability limit states (SLS).
Enhanced analysis of local buckling out of the plane of the rolled I-section according to SP 16.13330.2017.
Fixed bug: program failure when selecting steel sections that contain unified groups of elements.
Restored import of double angles section from Tekla Structures.
LIRA-SAPR Analysis Client/Server
Fixed bug: in analysis of problems where subgrade moduli C1/C2 or pile stiffness values should be recalculated, only static / dynamic analysis were carried out, and optionally, DCL calculation and analysis of RC and steel structures.
To open the application, double-click appropriate icon in the notification area of the taskbar.
The message 'LIRA-SAPR Analysis Client / Server 2021 continues to work' is displayed only when you close the window for the first time.
Fixed bug: if the problem was set for recalculation from another computer or from another user account, then its *.lir file was deleted. This applies only to the problems for which the analysis was not started. Now: if the analysis is not started, then only files from the exchange folder are deleted. In other cases, the message 'Your command has been sent to analysis server «computer_name.account_name» and will be processed as the server become available. If you do not need to delete files of problem initial data and results from the server, you may simply delete the files from the exchange folder manually'.
Service pack 1 for LIRA-SAPR 2021 R1 is available. The following items in the program are updated: interconnection with Autodesk Revit, the results for reinforcement, DCF group, partial safety factors, the depth of compressible stratum, DCL, safety factor, SP 63.13330.2018, SP 296.1325800.2017, progressive collapse, triangulation points, 3D view, panel joint, schedule of reinforcement, SAF format, 'Options'
- For triangulation points above the columns, new optionto define the same step as the triangulation step of the main slab.
- Enhanced option to save the file to previous versions of SAPFIR-3D.
- Fixed bug for visualization: objects of 3D view were not presented and it was necessary to generate new 3D view. It is not allowed to use white colour for the stiffness of elements for which material is not defined. A random colour is assigned instead.
Large panel buildings
- Enhanced generation of nodes in case when the wall panels are connected in the middle of the storey.
- In the schedule of reinforcement, restored opton to define the reference document and class of material.
Enhanced node 'Import SAF - Import of objects from the
- Plugin for two-way integration with Autodesk Revit is updated for Revit 2022.
- Added option to import hinges for bars from Revit model.
- When analysis results for reinforcement are imported to Revit, it is possible to import such results separately for bars and for plates.
- Restored option to intersect objects in SAPFIR module when the data is imported from Revit.
- Modified generation of DCF group E1 for problems with time history analysis and problems where analysis on progressive collapse is carried out by the quasi-static method.
- Added option to consider partial safety factors in analysis of reinforcement by forces of DCF group E1.
- Restored option to limit the depth of compressible stratum in case the soil with modulus of elasticity >100 000 t/m2 is located within such depth.
- Enhanced generation of the stress-strain diagram for concrete for group A1 according to results from analysis of reinforcement.
- Modified generation of DCL combinations for analysis on progressive collapse.
- Fixed bug in calculation of reserve factor for reinforcement during the check of PR types (Pilot Reinforcement) for the forces of group E1.
- In analysis of reinforcement according to SP 63.13330.2018 / SP 20.13330.2016, materials for specific combinations (without earthquake) are divided into:
- type D1 [generated with load cases 'Specific except earthquake (6)', used to simulate special normative (design)
*loads: fire truck driving onto the stylobate, extreme snow, wind, etc.) - if the corresponding check box is selected
**in the 'Type' materials, the normative characteristics of materials are applied (in this case, additional coefficients Yad, ϕ and ultimate strain specified in the materials 'Concrete' and 'Reinforcement' are not used];
- type E1 [generated with 'Progressive Collapse (8)' load cases, used to simulate special emergency
*loads) - if the corresponding check box is selected
** < / sup>in 'Type' materials, the normative characteristics of materials and additional coefficients Yad, ϕ and ultimate strain specified in the materials 'Concrete' and 'Reinforcement' are applied].
- type D1 [generated with load cases 'Specific except earthquake (6)', used to simulate special normative (design)
* - Terminology of SP 296.1325800.2017 'Buildings and structures. Specific loads'
** - If the 'Normative material properties for specific/emergency load case' check box in the 'Type' material is not selected, then all additional coefficients Yad, ϕ and ultimate strain defined in materials 'Concrete' and ' Reinforement' are not used.
IMPORTANT. Subject to the above-mentioned changes, in problems with analysis on progressive collapse, generated in version 2020, it is necessary to do the following: for a quasistatic statement, to change the type of load case with a local failure (select 'Progressive collapse (8)' instead of 'Specific except earthquake (6)', and for dynamic statement on the 'Dynamics-plus' menu, select the DCF group of the generated dynamics results - E1.
New features and options in LIRA-SAPR 2021
- Option to present local axes of columns, beams, slabs and walls. To modify direction for local axes of objects, it is possible to invert direction of walls and beams. For local axes of slabs, you could define direction for unification of axes: just rotate the axes by certain angle.
- New options to define direction of local axes for springs (FE 55).
- Directly in SAPFIR module it is possible to define parameters for analysis of theoretical bearing capacity of pile foundation by the soil model. You could also subtract one pile array from another and create an opening in the pile array.
- Enhanced tool 'Space':
- option to select the load case for the load from space;
- with the 'Floor' option it is possible to define the floor structure within the space. Then the floor will be converted to the uniformly distributed load the value of such load will be computed.
- Option to define the unit weight for windows and doors. The load from a glass unit, steel profile or door leaf may be optionally applied in two ways: as concentrated loads at the edges of the window / door opening or as linear load along the opening.
- For loads distributed across the area, there are enhanced Boolean operations: union, subtraction, cutting along a line.
- New tools to generate triangulation lines in straight segments of walls. On the triangulation line in walls (subObjects), the tools that provide modification are expanded (move, copy, duplicate using an array).
- Option to create triangulation area with arbitrary contour for slabs. Within such triangulation area, you can define triangulation step that will differ from triangulation step for the main slab. For such triangulation area it is also possible to define individual orientation for the local axes.
- In addition to the auto generation of triangulation points over the column supports, there is an option to automatically generate triangulation areas over walls. For selected walls, triangulation areas are generated by defining the indents from the wall into 4 directions. Local axes may be displayed for the generated triangulation areas. Even for the physical model, in the properties of the local axes, you can define an individual triangulation step for such an area and the angle of axes unification.
- New option to smooth triangular and quadrangular FE mesh. The developed algorithm makes it possible to improve the shape of finite elements. To improve the quality of the shape for the elements adjacent to the node, the nodes are moved. Triangular elements are united into quadrangular elements. Improving the quality of triangulation allows you to reduce the stress and, accordingly, necessary area of reinforcement in the design model.
- Option to copy several objects located at different storeys.
- Option 'Cut selected objects by storey levels' will help you to cut by storey levels the walls, columns and beams generated within the several storeys in height. After the procedure, several objects will be generated and placed to appropriate storeys.
- Enhanced tool 'Inclined slab':
- option to define boundary conditions and support conditions for the edges of slab;
- option to define loads (dead, live, short-term) applied to inclined slab and indicate load case for every load type;
- new method for generation of inclined slab – with arbitrary snap.
- In Properties for the project there are tolerance values that were previously defined for the program:
- ñoefficient for aligning slabs by walls;
- the nearest analytical level (tolerance to generation of offsets for slabs, tolerance to extension of walls up to slabs);
- min and max lengths of joints;
- min height of the platform elements;
- grip area for finding panels in auto generation of joints;
- max gap between panels when joint layout is selected.
- Stiffness FE type 309 (geometrically nonlinear arbitrary 3D bar with large displacements) may be assigned to columns and beams. Stiffness FE type 309 may be computed from parameters of the object. Any parameter of stiffness may be reduced/increased with coefficients to stiffness. It is also possible to define the stiffness parameters for the object manually.
- Option to define design parameters for the check and/or selection of steel sections for trusses.
- Hinges are defined in terms of hinges in VISOR-SAPR module. Hinge is taken to mean that there is no stiffness or there is limited stiffness for the restraint between one of bar ends and model node. The hingle may be imposed at the beginning and/or at the end of the bar by any DOF in local coordinate system of the bar. The hinges may be either angular (about axes UX1, UY1, UZ1) or linear (along axes X1, Y1, Z1). It is also possible to remove restraint W – to allow free warping of cross-sections of bar ends.
- In SAPFIR settings there is a new option – default layer, when the object is generated it will be placed at this layer. New layer is generated by the type of generated object: layer of columns, layer of walls, layer of beams, etc.
- The structure itself and the meshed model may be visualized in colour according to the object type, in random colours, in colours of materials and in colours of stiffness. Such colour presentation may be transferred to VISOR-SAPR module as the colours of structural blocks (colour by type of object and colour by type of material) or as colours of stiffness values.
- Updated filter by parameters of objects: all objects are added and all parameters available for these objects. It is possible to select subObjects (points/lines of triangulation, local coordinate systems, punching shear contours) by different criteria.
- In filter by parameters there is an option to visualize parameters of the objects in colour. You could select any parameter (thickness, cross-section, material, FE type, support, etc.) and visualize the range of values for this parameters in appropriate colour palette.
- In properties of objects (beams, columns, slabs, walls), the support option may be defined 'Coupled DOF along X and Y' and 'User-defined coupled DOF' where you could specify directions by which DOF should be coupled.
- Option to generate the summary table with all elements of steel section in the model. For steel sections, the following data is displayed in the table: element tag, object name, assigned cross-section, length and mass. You could arrange elements by storey, layer, type of object and generate the summary table only for elements selected on the model. Analysis results for checked and selected sections may be imported from VISOR-SAPR to SAPFIR module. In this case, the program will display shapes for which the check/selection procedure was carried out in VISOR-SAPR module and check/selection results by ULS, SLS and LB. Shapes highlighted in the list may be replaced with selected ones.
- Schedule of rolled steel to check the theoretical consumption of steel (rolled shapes) for elements of steel structures. The schedule contains the following data: shape name, name or tag for the steel, number or dimensions of the shape, mass for the steel by elements of the structure, total mass, total length and number of elements of certain dimension-type. The schedule of elements may be generated by storeys, types of objects (columns, beams, trusses, beam systems) and by elements selected on the model as well.
- Calculator of toal loads enables the user to obtain information about all loads defined in the project. Information is presented as the summaty table: the sum of projection of loads onto coordinate axes in global coordinate system. The contents in the summary table may be arranged by storeys, load cases, layers of simulation and selected elements. Information about loads may be obtained both in physical and meshed models.
- In addition to existing dynamic modules, it is possible to define the input data for the following dynamic loads: modal analysis (100), three-component accelerogram (29) and earthquake (response-spectrum) - (41). For existing dynamic modules, number of dynamic load accepted in VISOR-SAPR is added to SAPFIR.
- In addition to the algorithm for collection of wind load, the wind pressure may be defined in tabular format. When the wind pressure and elevation are defined, the wind speed corresponding to this pressure is calculated automatically. If you define the wind speed and elevations, the wind pressure is calculated automatically. The calculated values are applied as the load to the elements of design model depending on selected application method (to walls, at the ends of floor slabs). It is possible to calculate the wind load by specifying max height of the building, the width of the building perpendicular to the wind load and the storey height. On the right, in the graphic area, the curve for the distribution of wind pressure along the height of the building is displayed. This curve can be edited graphically.
- Table of skews for vertical elements.
- Nonlinear stiffnesses may be transferred to VISOR-SAPR with the specified diagrams of concrete, reinforcement, creep. Histories of nonlinear loadings may be generated.
- Regular object is introduced. When the model is generated, the user could define parameters that will describe the regular object (for example, material and section for columns), specify appropriate values and save such object. If you need to input such an object once more, you do not need to define parameters again, just select a saved regular object. It is possible to save a set of regular objects and use them in other projects.
- New command 'Select similar'. In the 'Filter by parameters' dialog box you could define parameters by which the objects should be considered as similar. It is also possible to create your own filter by criteria and activate it directly from the shortcut menu in the working area of the problem.
- Export of multiple drawings to PDF, DXF and DWG. Option to export several or all drawings rather than only one current drawing.
- User-defined tables may be generated on the drawing.
- Generation of formwork drawings.
New tool 'Embedded items' to indicate notations for embedded items on the formwork drawings of RC elements: floor slabs, walls, shear walls, etc.
Library of embedded items includes the most popular ones. The library file may be expanded and modified. Embedded items are displayed schematically on the formwork drawing. The number of items is presented in the schedule for the slab.
- Additional reinforcement for the floor slab may be arranged automatically. Zones of additional reinforcement are set according to the colour ranges on mosaic plot of reinforcement.
The first step towards 'cloud computer technology' in LIRA-SAPR. Analysis of LIRA-SAPR problems is carried out on certain computers in the local network. When analysis is carried out on a server, the engineer could continue to work at his/her workstation. So, the company will make the most of its licences and computer capacity.
- to prepare design model on the client’s workstation;
- to place the problem file 'in queue' (to send to analysis server);
- to analyse the model on certain server (LAN);
- after analysis, to copy analysis results back to client computer (optionally);
- to evaluate analysis results.
Options of user interface
- to define location where analysis results should be saved; it may be space within the internal network or cloud services for data storage;
- to trace and obtain push-messages about analysis procedure;
- for users – to manage your problem files in the queue;
- for administrators – to manage the whole queue of problem files.
Analysis according to SP RK EN (Kazakhstan)
- In the 'Edit load cases' dialog box, it is possible to work with load types according to building codes of Kazakhstan.
- New tool to generate DCL (design combinations of loads) according to SP RK EN 1990:2002+A1:2005/2011 and the National Annex (NA).
- New detailed types of temporary load cases to define different coefficients for load combinations according to different categories of premises.
- Default values are provided according to selected group for analysis (A, B, C)
- Rules for creating combinations are presented (formulas 6.10 – 6.16).
- New temporary loads of 'crane' and 'surge' type.
- New option to analyse the pilot reinforcement (PR) according to SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011.
- New type of analysis 'inclined beam' for SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011.
- New tool to generate initial imperfections to simulate the first-order effect (deviations during erection and local imperfections).
- SP RK EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011 and NP RK (solid sections) is supported now.
- Account of free and constrained torsion in analysis of steel structures according to EN 1993-1-1:2005/AC:2009 and SP RK EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011.
- New mosaic plot 'Class of section' for EN 1993-1-1:2005/AC:2009 and EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011.
- For EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011, new option to manage the DCL combinations; they will be used when sections are analysed by serviceability limit states.
Interoperability – components of BIM technology
- Analytical model is imported from IFC.
- Enhanced import from IFC, namely:
- option to import capitals;
- option to 'import architectural objects' (to import elements that may be used as the load to generate openings for ventilating duct, etc.);
- in properties of the object there is a parameter which defines the IFC class that imported object belongs to;
- new group of parameters that displays properties of the IFC object;
- during the import procedure, the new building is added on the layer that corresponds to the name of IFC file (so it is possible to show/hide parts of the building if the model consists of several parts located within the same project).
- In the 'Import IFC' node, when the model is updated from the IFC file, the objects may be compared by type and geometry. That is in addition to existing comparison by IFC identifiers. Thus, you could trace changes made in IFC file.
- New modes for model presentation:
- 'main model';
- 'show results for comparison of objects' (all changes made in IFC file will be displayed: added, modified and deleted objects),
- 'show objects indicated as vacant' (that is, objects deleted in IFC file).
- New property 'Deleted IFC object' is added to the objects of the model. It defines appropriate parameter to the objects that are no longer in the IFC file. Such objects will not be included into meshed model. According to this parameter you could decide whether to keep these objects in SPF file or not.
- To import the model from Revit or Tekla simultaneously through the IFC and LiraKM files, new option 'Regulate physical model according to analytical one' is introduced. It helps you to place the Revit analytical model within the SAPFIR physical model and to recognize the steel sections of columns and beams in the SAPFIR physical model.
- Enhanced export of IFC model.
- Enhanced import of SAF, namely:
- import of tables with load types, load cases, design combinations of loads (DCL), concentrated loads, concentrated loads by objects, linear loads, linear loads by objects, surface loads, surface loads by objects and tables of moments;
- new group of parameters that represents all properties of imported SAF objects. Such group of parameters may be exported to SAF even if parameters were not applied in SAPFIR.
- New updatable node 'Import SAF'.
- Export of drawings to DWG format. Drawing generated in SAPFIR module whether it is column reinforcement, formwork drawing of floor slab or layout of elements, may be exported to DWG format.
- When drawing are exported, the program takes into account all main features encountered by the user during the work with 2D drawings in this format:
- all objects available on the drawing (walls, slabs, columns, beams, piles, trusses, openings, windows, doors, stairs, grid lines, etc.) are located at appropriate layers that correspond to the object type;
- tables, dimensions, leaders, hatchings and line types are exported to the native objects of DWG format;
- necessary styles for the text, line, dimension, multi-leader, table. These styles allow the user to present the DWG drawing exact as drawing generated in SAPFIR module.
- The following types of drawings may be exported to DWG format:
- reinforcement in slab;
- reinforcement in foundation slab;
- reinforcement in wall;
- reinforcement in column;
- reinforcement in beam;
- reinforcement in stairs;
- reinforcement in pile;
- drawings for detail views of reinforcement (rebar dowels from foundation slabs, transverse reinforcement in punching shear zone);
- drawings of 2D reinforcing cages (RCUnits);
- formwork drawings with arrangement of embedded items;
- drawings with layout of the framework on plan and on section views.
- During the export procedure, all tabular data in SAPFIR is transformed into native tables of DWG format, namely:
- list of working drawings for the project;
- schedule of reinforcing items in slabs, walls, columns, beams, piles, stairs;
- list of components;
- list of steel consumption;
- schedule for reinforcing cage – drawing of RCUnits;
- schedule of reinforcing items for dowels;
- title blocks for sheet of drawing (shapes 3, 4, 5, 6);
- schedule to the layout of RC structures;
- schedule to the layout of rebar dowels;
- list of main materials of RC structures;
- list of elements in the model;
- list of columns, beams, walls, slabs, openings, windows, doors, piles, roofs;
- list of elements by storeys;
- list of materials;
- list of materials by storeys;
- list Stonelight;
- schedule of steel shapes.
- These tools are quite useful to export drawings and work with them in programs that support DWG format.
Unified graphic environment
For SP 20.13330.2016, new load type is added - 'Progressive collapse'; it will be used when generating combinations for DCF and DCL.
Option to work with normative values of loads in design model. When the model type is defined, it is also possible to define whether normative or design loads will be applied to. This option determines rules for generating load combinations for DCF/DCL.
Design model may be visualized with assigned sections displayed 'as profiles'; it will be presented in the main window based on DirectX technology.
Option to synchronize the view of design models when analysis results are shown for several problems in multiple windows. This option is helpful for evaluating analysis results when you compare data for different problems and design options.
Comparison of results from analyses of RC and steel structures (by design options) and generation of mosaic plot for differences in %.
In the 'Edit load cases' dialog box, now you could work with all types of loads for all building codes supported in the program. In previous versions, the load types were supported only for the following building codes: SNIP 2.01.07-85*, SP 20.13330.2016 and DBN B.1.2 - 2:2006.
Analysis results of new type 'universal bar' are added to results for analysis of steel structures.
New mosaic plot of max values (enveloping) for all checks of assigned and selected sections of steel structures.
Option to edit the mesh of plate FE may be applied to selected elements only.
User-defined settings may be saved for all stages of analysis.
The new option 'Ignore nodes' for nodes; this option enables you to ignore nodes when the model is packed.
Program interface is enhanced to support 4K monitors for the SOIL system, design modules for RC and steel structures.
New load type 'Seismogram' for problems with time history analysis.
To model the nonlinear load cases, new option to copy load histories.
New option to export *.txt file for problem with fire resistance (design section) to the problem with heat conductivity.
To evaluate analysis results for pilot reinforcement, a special colour palette is provided with different colours for ranges > 1 and <1; option to define colour palette with contrasting change of colours.
To evaluate areas of reinforcement in plate elements, the max area of upper/lower reinforcement along every direction X and Y may be displayed.
Option to display the total area of pilot reinforcement in plates along the X and Y at upper/lower edges.
DCF may be calculated for elements selected on the model; it will save time for local analyses.
New input tables 'Local axes of solids' and 'Axes of orthotropy' (plate FE and solids).
No limitation on the number of loads exported to 'DEF-PC' software (up to 1000 combinations are allowed for every dimension-type of the isolated foundation and for every part of strip foundation). New variants for fixation of foundations when loads are transferred to DEF-PC program (in addition to rigid connection available earlier, there may be elastic springs simulated with complete set of FE 51 or with one of FE 56; vertical elements may be also supported with horizontals bars or plates on elastic foundation with the specified C1).
New stress contour plots (including principal and equivalent stresses) with account of values computed at nodes.
Updated information about nodes and elements of design model: there are tabs that describe input & output data for the new types of analysis.
In the 'Structural blocks' dialog box, number of elements included into structural block is presented.
When models are merged, the names of load cases will be transferred to the base problem.
Option to organize materials for design ('RC' and 'Steel') with the 'Move up' and 'Move down' commands.
Option to modify the scale factor for the model when the 'Zoom' command is applied.
Shortcut keys may be assigned to display information directly on design model and to define presentation of design model.
Option to visualize the model without numerical and vector presentation for flags of drawing.
Enhanced visualization for dimensions on projections (labels are arranged automatically either along the line or in direction perpendicular to the line).
Option to define the building code accepted by default to calculate the moduli of subgrade resction.
Iterative physically nonlinear FE (bar, plate and solid) with account of unloading. New FEs implement the theory of elastic-plasticity and may be used for both static and dynamic analyses. Application of new finite elements is the most efficient in analyses of earthquake-resistant construction and progressive collapse. Taking into account the plastic behaviour of structures will significantly increase the efficiency of design solutions. Two unloading methods are implemented: method 1 - peak-oriented hysteretic model, method 2 - isotropic hardening rule (model). In release 1, to select the unloading method, use the 'Options' for the Solver settings. In future releases we’re planning to implement the tool to select the unloading method for each type of stiffness separately. This option defines the type of unloading for bars and plates with a new attribute of physically nonlinear analysis 'iterative'. Method 1 is accepted by default.
Advantages of iterative FE when solving physically nonlinear problems:
- the iterative element will not take forces above the ultimate bearing capacity;
- iterative elements make it possible to take into account the unloading path of the material according to initial modulus of elasticity;
- in case of destruction, the accumulated forces that precede the stage of destruction are not fixed;
- in problems with time history analysis, there is no 'time delay', that is, problems in correspondence between accumulated efforts and displacements.
- For linear plate FE, analysis of stress at nodes is implemented, the analysis results are available in tabular and graphical forms. This option enables you to obtain more accurate results with a sparce mesh.
Option to take into account physical nonlinearity when defining the steel shapes (it is not necessary to describe the section geometry with the standard section types). This option may be applied when iterative FEs are used.
Analysis on seismograms is implemented for problems with time history analysis.
Visualization of nodal reactions for problems with time-history analysis (these reactions enable the user to calculate loads on fragment, to carry out punching shear analysis, to calculate reactions in piers - variable in time, selecting dangerous combinations (points in time) for analysis of RC and steel structures).
New FEs (one-, two-node) that enable the user to simulate nonlinear hinges (FE with arbitrary piecewise-linear stress-strain diagram). The certain diagram is defined for every loading and unloading path. Loading-unloading path 'Basic rules for peak-oriented hysteretic model'.These FEs may be used to compute the ultimate equilibrium of bar structures. The ultimate equilibrium analysis is taken to mean nonlinear analysis of structures that allows you to simulate behaviour of structures under the various types of loads caused by an earthquake. Nonlinear hinges are considered as independent nonlinear joints in the direction of each DOF in the section, that is, interactions between different degrees of freedom are ignored.
For FE 255, the option to work with the second modulus of elasticity (this option allows the user to simulate behaviour of seismic isolators as the FE 255 + FE55).
Consistent mass matrix for bars with account of shear (Timoshenko bars).
To check the input data for the problems with time history analysis, mosaic plots of masses are provided.
New dynamics module (64) - a three-component response-spectrum.
New dynamics module (63) for Turkey, TBEC-2018.
Option to use geometrically nonlinear finite elements in the analysis by 'NL Engineering 2'. This option may be applied to: refined analysis of masts (analysis on wind pulsation 'according to building codes' with account of prestress; more accurate natural frequencies for check on resonance), cable-stayed bridges (including, clarified eigenvalue frequencies for check on flutter), large-span roofs (on resonance from noise), etc.
- In analysis on progressive collapse, it is possible to preview additional reinforcement in tabular format or in 'Information about element' dialog box.
- New element type 'Inclined beam'.
- In the Fire Resistance system, the user could customize analysis of transverse reinforcement.
- Table of materials may be modified by cells.
- Option to select / check reinforcement in plate elements for which stresses are computed not only in the center of gravity, but at nodes as well. It should be noted that when the FE mesh is refined, the difference in results decreases.
- Analysis of pilot reinforcement may be carried out according to SP RK EN 1992-1-1:2004/2011.
- Option to consider the partial safety factors for concrete and reinforcement according to requirements of 'Amendment 1' to SP 14.13330.2018.
- For SP 63.13330.2018, an ellipsoid of bearing capacity for ULS may be generated.
- An alternative algorithm for analysis of reinforcement according to SLS by Wood theory.
- New type of design element - 'universal' bar (truss-beam-column) that enables the user to obtain the envelope result by all checks of the steel section. Calculation and / or check of arbitrary element is performed sequentially according to three calculation procedures - as for a truss element, a column and a beam. When generating tables and mosaic plots of results for an arbitrary element, the max percentage of section utilization for the corresponding checks is displayed. In the local mode of analysis for an element of the model, extended information about analysis results is available.
- Account of free and constrained torsion in analysis of steel sections according to EN 1993-1-1:2005/AC:2009, SP RK EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011.
- SP RK EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011 and NP RK (solid sections) are supported.
- For EN 1993-1-1:2005/AC:2009, ÑÏ ÐÊ EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011, new mosaic plot of results - 'Section class'.
- Analysis of steel sections on fire resistance with account of constrained torsion.
- Analysis of steel sections is accelerated due to multithreading.
- For EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011, SP RK EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011, new option to exclude combinations of loads that are not used when checking / selecting sections for serviceability.
Option to calculate the stiffness of the FE 57 (pile) according to the model of equivalent foundation.
- Enhanced method for accounting of the weight of soil removed from the pit (diagram σzγ). In the new version, it is possible to define the contour of the excavation regardless of the foundation. To simulate the contour of the pit, it is necessary define a zero load on the soil and set the property σzγ to it. When calculating a pile group as an equivalent foundation, the foundation pit should always be simulated with a separate load.
- Optimized algorithm for determining the depth of compressible stratum.
- For SP 22.13330.2016, option to compute settlements and obtain subgrade moduli for:
- man-made soil;
- collapsible soil;
- expansive soil;
- saline soil;
- soil with organic inclusions;
- permafrost soil (SP 25.13330.2012).
- New method for generation of bar analogues. From the objects selected on the model (required to generate the BA), the user could get the numbers of nodes and numbers of elements (source objects) by the specified number of the target bar.
- Option to ensure the integrity of the data on bar analogues when the model is packed and the numbers of nodes and elements in design model are changed.
- Data about new options is added in the input/output tables.
- Information on stresses at nodes with account of node numbers in design model is added to tables of results for plate elements. DCL and DCL characteristic (design / design, live / normative / normative, live), forces from DCL, DCF tables (design / design, live / normative / normative, live), principal and equivalent stresses (by forces / DCL / DCF).
- Option to manage the name of the screen shot when updating.
- New tables of results for analysis of steel structures according to EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011, SP RK EN 1993-1-1:2005/2011.
- Import of reinforced concrete sections from the VISOR-SAPR module for analysis on fire resistance. The stress-strain diagrams (of materials) corresponding to required fire resistance limit are transferred to the model.
- New tool that allows the user to add check points to the current section model that is modified now. During analysis, the values of forces and stresses are determined at the check points of the section. These values may be displayed in appropriate table. Check point may be included in the triangulation mesh.