Masonry & masonry reinforcing structures
- The new version presents an alternative algorithm for analysis of masonry reinforcing structures in strict compliance with SP 15.13330.2012 (amendment No.3). Appropriate setting is placed in set of properties for design options. New user interface has been developed to describe the design parameters of masonry and mesh reinforcement.
- With new analysis algorithm it is possible to carry out analysis by ultimate limit state (ULS) and by serviceability limit state (SLS) for piers with rectangular section only. Analysis of piers with arbitrary cross-section may be carried out with a previously implemented algorithm that is based on a nonlinear deformation model of masonry.
- To generate rectangular piers, a new method is introduced to generate groups within the design level. The group is a set of zones (walls/segments) that form the shape of design section for a pier. To define the shape for the pier, use the 'General settings/Brickwork' dialog box.
- According to Recommendations on design of masonry structures strengthened with basalt mesh produced by JSC 'STEKLONIT' developed by TSNIISK named after V.A.Kucherenko, analysis with account of composite mesh is introduced in LIRA-SAPR 2020.
- Analysis of piers with arbitrary cross-section is enhanced. The area of compressed zone in the section is determined according to the deformation model, so the nonlinear behaviour of the brickwork is considered. In this case, more accurate analysis of the geometry of pier is carried out; it enables you to correctly compute the flexibility of the pier, the distance from the gravity centre to the section edge, as well as other geometric properties.
- New option to generate a report file in which all the intermediate analysis results are indicated, the geometric properties of piers for each combination of forces, as well as values of ultimate strain and stress for a nonlinear deformation model for each pier.
- Analysis of pier is also enhanced taking account of strengthening with steel casing, RC casing and reinforced plaster. Analysis is carried out in accordance with the Manual on the design of masonry and masonry reinforcing structures to SNIP II-22-81 (chapter 5).
- To check materials defined to plate elements of the model and prepare documentation, use the corresponding mosaic plot on the 'Geometric & Properties' panel.