Soil characteristics assignment into LIRA-SOIL

Replacement of soft ground on sandy ground performed during the calculation of foundation. What is the right way to set soil characteristics with the respect to wells in PC LIRA? For example, in accordance to geological surveys the first layer consist of fill-up soil. Second and third one are soft grounds (foundation is working therein). Further along are normal soils. Should it be replaced characteristics only of soft ground on sandy one beneath foundation base or perform replacement from the wellhead,...

Pages: 1
RSS
Soil characteristics assignment into LIRA-SOIL, Replacement of soft ground on sandy ground performed during the calculation of foundation. What is the right way to set soil characteristics with the respect to wells in PC LIRA?

Replacement of soft ground on sandy ground performed during the calculation of foundation. What is the right way to set soil characteristics with the respect to wells in PC LIRA? For example, in accordance to geological surveys the first layer consist of fill-up soil. Second and third one are soft grounds (foundation is working therein). Further along are normal soils. Should it be replaced characteristics only of soft ground on sandy one beneath foundation base or perform replacement from the wellhead, i.e. replace bulk soil too?

You would not be able to leave the ground in fact. You will dig it. Thus, there will be no ground in cross-section. In the table of soil characteristics is a sign for the layer – soil bedding.

There will be no excavated soil under the building, but beyond it remains. If I will replace all the upper layers on soil bedding, then around the building will be also same soil bedding. Does this affect the result?

Of course affects. However, do not bother a lot about it, because unit weight of the soil bedding is slightly different from the unit weight of natural soil.

If it differs a lot or you want own weight be calculated in accordance to existing ground, then you need to put dummy value of unit weight that might gives p_под = gamma_под * t for analogical value, calculated for existing ground of all above layers thickness p = gamma * H.
Edited: ander - Sep 22, 2014 17:45:05

There is one more question: Do I have to set a sign of soil bedding for layer and what does it affect? Alternatively, it is possible during the setting of ground to select layer in wells, with the alleged characteristics of soil bedding with certain capacity.

As I understand, the program automatically takes the size of bedding on the plan for the size of foundation (along the boundaries of imported loads). Please see FAQ, there is a picture.

What it means to be sure or not? Why haven't you ask yourself, whether you need it or not? If you want to check that you will get at "worst" option, please do it.

Theoretically, soil taken from geological survey is not bedding and not intended for such purpose. So, what is the sense? Unit weight and deformation characteristics not considered in the calculation.

Meant to set a new Geotechnical element with bedding characteristics, but in geology not to assign him a sign (*). During wells setting, required layer is sel ected. The difference is only in the marking of the desired layer * ("Select the default for soil bedding";). The question is, what does the installation of the sign of bedding effects on (*), the characteristics of the soil for this layer in any case assigned differ fr om geological one.

I have already answered and expressed my viewpoint.
In details, the concept of bedding used for simulation of 3D-solid ground, read the FAQ and the rest above.
Pages: 1