Software package LIRA-SAPR 2011 represents new generation of LIRA family products. Development and further enhancement of this software is made with intention of its future integration into technological cycle of design through BIM technology.
LIRA family products developed by LIRA SAPR, SOFOS and LIRA Service companies even now are closely related and might be taken as basis for the native BIM technology that is now created.
LIRA-SAPR 2011 includes preprocessor SAPFIR-Structures that is integrated with architectural programs SAPFIR, ArchiCAD, REVIT, Allplan, and at the same time has its own professional tools to generate geometry and create analytical models.
Next releases of LIRA-SAPR 2011 (August – October 2011) will include significant enhancements of the unified graphical user interface, such as:
- alternative reinforcement with different grades of concrete and steel, different sections of elements based on performed static and dynamic analyses;
- modes for design of reinforced concrete and steel structures will be included into unified graphical user interface;
- enhanced modes to manage colour palettes for contour plots of forces, stresses, displacements, reinforcement;
- reinforcement for elements of the whole model will be presented for the super-element design models;
- enhanced options for preprocessor SAPFIR–Structures: user-friendly procedures to define boundary conditions, loads, structural features, to analyse and evaluate analysis results with tools that enable the user to prepare drafts of shop drawings for RC structures, etc.
New features in LIRA-SAPR 2011
Graphical user environment VISOR-SAPR:-Graphical data is generated on the screen 3-10 times faster; this time depends on the volume of data that should be presented on the screen.
- When you define input data, it is checked in real time that enables you to avoid incorrect data. Otherwise, the solver will come to a stop and display error messages.
Module SAPFIR-Structures is meant to generate FE design model of the structure based on its architectural model. In SAPFIR-Structures module it is possible to work simultaneously with architectural model of the structure and its design model as well. It allows the user to check design model according to its initial architectural model at every stage of model generation.
Module SAPFIR-Structures has several advantages, such as options:
1. to select triangulation algorithms and custom settings for parameters
It means that there is a library of algorithms for division of plates into finite elements, for every algorithm it is possible to define its own parameters that determine specific character of its work and properties of results. Algorithms and parameters may be selected and adjusted for every plate separately.
2. to drag contours and intersect elements with the option to manage and edit the process manually
In SAPFIR Structures module it is possible to search plates and bars that intersect or located nearly in space, find intersection of such elements with certain accuracy and edit areas of their intersection. Moreover, it is possible to edit and align analytical model manually, join and correspond fragments through interactive graphical documents.
3. to check the model quality by different criteria with interactive report about errors
Library of verification algorithms allows the user to detect error and potentially difficult fragments in analytical model of the project. Errors are presented in the interactive list that allows the user to readily find these fragments on graphical presentation of the model.
4. to define and edit loads as well as create load cases graphically in an interactive mode
Designer could visually simulate loads in space of the project using graphical tools.
5. to present design models for a structure in several variants
Several variants of analytical model may be generated from one architectural model. In every variant, maximum attention is given to particular structural detail. As result, examination of such detail will be carried out in a most optimal way.
Steel Rolled Shapes «SRS-SAPR»:- New options to edit and create tables of steel rolled shapes:
- determine unavailable geometric properties of the shapes that are added to the table;
- check the input section properties with a fixed accuracy, etc.
Module for analysis and design of steel structures «STC-SAPR»:- Analysis of new parametric joints of trusses.
- Option to generate drawings of new parametric joints of trusses in KM-SAPR environment.
Module for analysis and design of reinforced concrete structures «ARM-SAPR»:- New method for defining materials according to modifications introduced in EC-2:2004.IDT is realized. It is possible to consider precise section dimensions for an element, define coefficient that reduce concrete strength, widely vary load factor for short-term and long-term analysis situations according to requirements of EC-2.
- Strength analysis of bar elements under moments and longitudinal forces according to Eurocode (EC-2:2004.IDT).
- Complete procedure for analysis of crack propagation for RC elements by Eurocode (EC-2:2004.IDT).
- Some requests made by the users are taken into account for analysis of crack propagation according to building codes of RF and Belorus.
- Due many user requests, there are two variants for analysis of reinforcement for plate elements under shear force. It is possible to obtain area of transverse reinforcement per square metre of the plate. The user could also obtain area of transverse reinforcement per running metre in two orthogonal directions.
- New optimized algorithms for analysis of reinforcement in bar elements; as result, analysis time is reduced by 10-15%.