We present new version of the software: LIRA-SAPR 2015.
New features and options in LIRA-SAPR 2015
New Document System - Report Book
New document system Report Book includes interactive screen copies of design model and conceptually new tables with output data from FEA and analysis of RC structures. When you save the screen copy, the state of design model is saved together with the image presented on the screen. It is possible to return the model to this saved view or fragment (with its state) at any time. New tables of *.csv format provide comprehensive evaluation of output data in tabular form. The contents of the screen copies as well as tables may be automatically updated following the changes in design model. Report Book enables you to organize your elements into hierarchical tree-structured database, add arbitrary text and graphic objects. It is possible to arrange elements of Report Book as single file of DOCX format and then print them.
Punching shear contours may be defined directly on finite element model
New technology is applied to preparing FE model for punching shear analysis of flat slab floors. With earlier versions of the program it was necessary to generate the model in SAPFIR-Structures module and only then carry out punching shear analysis. Now it does not matter. New tools enable you to add to the model the necessary information for punching shear analysis, trace all modifications made in the model, edit contours and evaluate output data.
New dialog box to define 3D frames with generation of foundation slab
Parametric generation of 3D frames has beed developed further. The user could define various FE divisions of columns, beams and floor slabs at different elevation marks. The user could also generate foundation slab, match its division with mesh of columns and assign necessary restraints.
Option to define finite elements of pile with account of neighbouring soil layers
It is 1-node finite element with 6 degrees of freedom (DOF) along global coordinate axes or local coordinate axes of node.
The following data should be defined: material, shape, section dimension for pile shaft, length of pile, wether there is a widening below the pile toe, number of division intervals for the pile and partial safety factor; parameters for soil layers along the pile shaft and below the pile toe.
The pile is considered in the program as super-element divided into specified number of intervals. Computed values of stiffness per running metre RX, RY, RZ, RUX, RUY, RUZ are assigned to FE 56.
Thus, design model that contains only FE 56 and presented as a system of single piles is considered as pile group and may be exported from VISOR-SAPR to SOIL system. Stiffness values for all piles will be calculated in SOIL system according to their location in pile group and soil properties along the pile shafts.
For FE 57, parameters for layers in the group are determined automatically based on generated 3D soil model and location of piles.
The program includes enhanced options to move the project between computers. For example, now when you save *.lir file of the problem, it is possible to automatically save all related (LIRA-specific) files of input data into the problem file. You could also import/export analysed problems together with output files as ZIP-archive. Output data files for a certain problem may be generated and saved to separate directory.
Output data for geometrically nonlinear systems may be visualized at every step
Graphical presentation of output data at every step of geometrically nonlinear problems considerably simplifies evaluation of obtained results.
New service tools and options
1. Intersections of elements and nodes are automatically considered in all tools to generate and edit elements and nodes of design model.
2. For a certain object (node or element) with the help of ‘Select/Specify (with a pointer)’ tool, you could automatically select on the model all objects that have properties identical with this object. The row with properties of these objects will be highlighted in the list of appropriate dialog box. The ‘Select/Specify (with a pointer)’ tool is available in the dialog boxes that contain and present data as lists.
3. Before the pack procedure the program enables you to preview the elements that might have incorrect geometry after packing of coincident nodes, to automatically find out and restore elements with incorrect geometry. It is also possible to pack unused materials for RC and steel structures.
4. New option to unite selected bars into one bar.
5. Enhanced options to summarize loads. You could sum up loads on fragment and inertial loads.
6. You could define number of rebars in mesh reinforcement to make more specific calculation of width, depth of crack propagation and distance between them when you define parameters of physical nonlinearity for plate elements.
7. New options in the ‘Stiffness and materials’ dialog box:
- to edit stiffness values of the same type in group;
- to automatically input base values (E, ρ, ν ) of new stiffnesses according to data defined by the user;
- to organize and renumber materials for RC structures.
8. New options in the ‘Structural elements’ and ‘Unify elements’ dialog boxes. The following options are added:
- to sort data by columns;
- to automatically assign colour and visualize it on the model;
- to select (with the pointer) on the model or highlight in the list.
9. New modes for mosaic plots:
- mosaic plots for evaluation of model geometry (coordinates of nodes Õ, Y, Z, lengths of bars, parameters of plates (thickness of plates, area of plates, min angle between plate edges, min length of plate edge), parameters of solids (volume of solid, min face area of solid));
- mosaic plots of parameters for punching shear contours;
- mosaic plots of pile stiffness.
10. Projects re-imported from SAPFIR-Structures module into VISOR-SAPR module save all data about defined parameters and properties of loads cases for the active problem. Now it is not necessary to re-define some data (like define type of load cases, generate tables to describe their interaction, define DCF) after each import procedure.
11. Flags of drawings now include new options:
- to show cross-sections of bars;
- to customize font for horizontal and inclined bars, the text may be moved along the bar (to the right or to the left from the section centre);
- to show structural elements or unification groups in colour.
12. When you visualize model and switch to other modes, command to edit with the rubber-band line is not cancelled now.
Analysis of steel structures
Material of steel element may be assigned regardless of steel table with its cross-section
In previous versions of the program, tables with steel properties were integrated in the files with steel tables for shapes. It was not convenient when material for steel analysis was defined not as steel grades (VSt3ps, 09G2, etc.), but as steel (C235, C345, etc.), since steels with the same name in different building codes have different strength values. As a result, when you changed building code, in such cases it was necessary to change not only material of steel cross-section, but the file of steel table for its shape as well.
In version 2015, material for steel element may be defined regardless of the steel table from which the steel shapes were defined. New options may be used in all modules of LIRA-SAPR 2015: STC-SAPR, VISOR-SAPR, SAPFIR, KM-SAPR and SRS-SAPR. The problems from previous versions may be opened and calculated with no modifications.
In addition to SLAB, DIAPHRAGM and COLUMN systems, SAPFIR-RC presents new system – BEAM.
Determined reinforcement in 3D
The user has an option to unify beams according to information about reinforcement imported from LIRA-SAPR.
Reinforcement in beams is arranged automatically. The user could edit such parameters as diameters and number of rebars along the edgeds of the beam section. Reinforcing members – bars of longitudinal reinforcement, stirrups and studs – also may be defined manually, specifying their location on the beam model. For the check option, on the diagrams of reinforcement you will see area necessary by analysis and area provided by rebars arranged in the beam.
For beams, the program generates working drawings with specification, bill of materials and components. The program automatically displays dimensions of beam cross-sections (with account of rebar location) and leader lines with numbers of components.
- For SLAB system, rectangular zones of reinforcement may be defined in arbitrary direction.
- For slab it is possible to generate cross-sectiobal view on which the program automatically displays notation for thickness and location of main reinforcement relative to outside edges.
New Ribbon User Interface is now available for SAPFIR program.
Using a ribbon increases discoverability of features and functions and enables quicker learning of the program as a whole. The Ribbon User Interface simplifies the procedure of generating and editing the model, producing design of RC elements and arranging drawing contents.
Ribbon User Interface provides users with advanced options for intuitive work with the models. At the same time, the user could work in common interface with menus and toolbars.
To simulate elevator shaft and ventilating duct, there is a tool that enables the user to generate single duct through several slabs.
The notion ‘Current building code’ is added to properties of the project. Generation of punching shear contours and analysis of reinforcement in LIRA-SAPR program will be done according to this building code.
Pier foundation for column may be generated automatically. Foundation is automatically interpreted as plates with offsets.
New tool for generating parametric trusses with different variants of web shape and trusses based on arbitrary sketch of upper and lower chords.
For import from Revit Structure (through *.lirakm format), physical model (slabs and columns) may be restored from elements of analytical model (plates and bars).
In Windows Explorer the user could preview SAPFIR files: comments to files, model presentation in the preview area or as small and large icons.
Option to save the projects in *.spf format for previous versions of the program (SAPFIR 2014, SAPFIR 2013.)