Screw piles

Hello. I am a beginner in LIRA. I am going to use it for determination of loads on screw pile and calculation of reinforcement concrete high-grid pile foundation or slab hanging slab. In SNIP for screw piles at the output we obtain permissible load in tones for one pile (dependence on soils). I create a model in SAPFIR, set loads from the building on the grillage or create the whole building. Tell me please:1.      What to use as screw pile in SAPFIR? For instance, lets take screw pile with...

Pages: 1
RSS
Screw piles

Hello. I am a beginner in LIRA. I am going to use it for determination of loads on screw pile and calculation of reinforcement concrete high-grid pile foundation or slab hanging slab. In SNIP for screw piles at the output we obtain permissible load in tones for one pile (dependence on soils). I create a model in SAPFIR, set loads from the building on the grillage or create the whole building.
Tell me please:
1.      What to use as screw pile in SAPFIR? For instance, lets take screw pile with diameter 108 mm and blade 300mm. Which object to use to result in LIRA value of the load?
2.      How to see the value of the load acting on the pile from the building and grillage?
Thank you in advance

I take ordinary rod as a pile. After the analysis in the LIRA it is possible in the “analysis” tab click the button “Load on fragment” and point on the given rod-pile. There will appear the dialogue box in which you will see all values of the forces action: moments, shear forces, normal forces (press and pull out).

If there are many piles, then select all of them and in the “design” tab open the dialogue box with documentation for “interactive tables” and there select DCL (rods) for selected objects. There will appear the dialogue box “DCL tables”. It is possible to find the maximal values of M,Q and N. As well as it is possible to save the file in Excel and find maximal and minimal values for each column (for example the column with N forces).

I have established template in Excel. There are previously created files that already have additional table with analysis of maximal and minimal values of forces. I am copying this tabe into a new file and after a few seconds the analysis of DCL table is ready.

Alexander, thank you for the answer!

Also thought about the rod, but I can’t find it in SAPFIR.

As the rod-pile take (for example diameter 325x10) with the elevation above the level of planning. For instance lover node has coordinate Z=0 and upper has Z=1. It means that the pile conventionally protrudes from the ground to a height of 1.0 m.
Pages: 1