Pylons analysis

Good afternoon!Please, clarify the situation. Pylons in a monolithic reinforced concrete frame building can be set by using shells or bars (columns). For example a pylon 1500x200mm. If I set it by the shell elements, strength limited only by the maximum percentage of reinforcement. But if I assume it as a column, it can’t be used due to the concrete strip between oblique sections. Then I have to check "manually" each pylon (resulting the loads from the fragment to the efforts within the...

Pages: 1
RSS
Pylons analysis

Good afternoon!

Please, clarify the situation. Pylons in a monolithic reinforced concrete frame building can be set by using shells or bars (columns). For example a pylon 1500x200mm. If I set it by the shell elements, strength limited only by the maximum percentage of reinforcement. But if I assume it as a column, it can’t be used due to the concrete strip between oblique sections. Then I have to check "manually" each pylon (resulting the loads from the fragment to the efforts within the column). It is very complicated. Is there any way to simplify the problem?

In your case you shouldn’t use the bars. Taking into account that within pylons the hypothesis of flat sections is not respected you should model them as shells. And how to implement the calculatuion.

There isn’t such case in design codes, and how to get the mean stresses if the pylon loaded irregulary, assuming the hypothesis.
Pages: 1