Set soil characteristics in LIRA-SOIL

Advise me please, what value of datum (z) should be on the left side of the tab "Imported load" in Lira-SOIL. I mean, benchmark of design scheme in VISOR-SAPR. If the foundation in VISOR is at the level -3.5, do this number should correspond it? Just set datum on the right, i.e. benchmark in soil model 115.8, and the number on the right automatically established at 35.8 m, i.e. this is top of the building. How to be in this situation?

Pages: 1
RSS
Set soil characteristics in LIRA-SOIL

Advise me please, what value of datum (z) should be on the left side of the tab "Imported load" in Lira-SOIL. I mean, benchmark of design scheme in VISOR-SAPR. If the foundation in VISOR is at the level -3.5, do this number should correspond it? Just set datum on the right, i.e. benchmark in soil model 115.8, and the number on the right automatically established at 35.8 m, i.e. this is top of the building. How to be in this situation?

Toffe wrote:
How to be in this situation?
You need to fit in information, i.e. set such a number at which level of foundation bottom corresponds to necessary reference mark in the ground.
This usually happens when the file of soil model is used from some old problem.

Tell me please more in details. The number from the left generated automatically (just do not understand how it turns out. There must be a kind of reference mark of foundation base. It just is not the same.), from the right side the datum is set in the ground corresponding to back wells.  I cannot understand what went wrong.

In the given situation, you should act from reverse: open module SOIL and enable display of imported loads mark. Which number do you see? If the bottom mark is right, then no action is required. If not, then change Z mark at the difference between what should be and what do you have. Your task is to have mark for application of imported loads displayed correctly on the plan.

Other words, if you say that 20.69 is top of the building, then calculate datum for reference mark 20.69 and you should get what you need. Provided, if the level of foundation was set hair in exactly. In any case, you should be sure in correctness on the plan and cross-section.

Thanks for the help. You really helped me.

Hello! Description of the situation: the building consist of several sections on a monolithic slab. The models are constructed for each section and the model of the soil is constructed as well. Each scheme (for calculation of modulus of subgrade reaction) is attached to one model of the soil. The task is to check building sediment when loads acting on the soil fr om different sections working together and separate. But during recalculation the loadings on the soil from other tasks were not taken into account. What is the way to consider them? Or, wh ere I can read about it? Is it really possible? Or, it is required to build own model of the soil taking into account loadings from nearby sections for each case?

When attaching the soil model to each section (design scheme) it is necessary to transfer loads as “new” group, i.e. to set a serial number different from that which has already been written in the soil model. In other words, it is necessary, for example, to transfer the first section as a group of loads "1", the second with the number "2" and so on. If the number is the same, the load deletes previously written one in the file. You can transfer one of the loads in the soil model, and represent the load from constructed sections in the form of load stamps with their average value setting them manually.

Thank you for the answer. You helped me a lot.

alekstish wrote:
for example, to transfer the first section as a group of loads "1", the second with the number "2" and so on
Does it mean that it is necessary to solve successively several tasks, to get final picture of subgrade reaction coefficients? It is interesting, for which tasks it is appropriate in comparison to the method “all in one”?

The attachment of separate scheme simplify the process of load setting fr om nearby objects. As well, it allows you to transfer more accurate picture of loads redistribution than to do it by setting the average value on the whole stamp. You're right, many do not think about it and consider "all in one". Sometimes it is entire neighborhoods. But still it should be a reasonable lim it.
Pages: 1